Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    putter8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2017, 10:11 AM
    Can Thai people get license tattoo artist?
    Hello I'm from Thailand
    I want to be tattoo artist in America.
    Is it possible to be?
    Can Thai people get license tattoo artist?
    And what is it requirement to get that

Thank you so much for answer
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 1, 2017, 10:33 AM
    Tattoo licenses in America are regulated by each state, and are different in each state.
    You can always get info about any state online, at 'mystate.gov' and for licenses, look for the license division.

America doesn't discriminate by what country you are from. You have to be a citizen and have liability insurance.
    putter8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2017, 10:40 AM
    Thank you so much!
    Anyway I don't have green card and citizen now
    So how to do
    I need to marry with american first? otherwise i cannot get this job?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 1, 2017, 01:23 PM
    Sorry, marrying isn't going to help. Especially if you have let whatever visa you are here on (tourist, student, etc) go past the deadline.
    I don't think that immigration is going to be looking for skills as a tattoo artist either.
    This is a tough time.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2017, 05:26 PM
    Not sure you need to be a citizen but certainly as a minimum a legal immigrant with a green card. You would need a business license and liability insurance. No, marrying won't help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2017, 05:37 PM
    You will have to get a green card to work in America and be licensed.
    And merely getting married does not get you a green card. My wife and I will take about 2 years for her green card to be received.

Also many states do not have "licenses" you just become one, get a business license. That is just an issue of paying a fee. Or you just go to work in a business that is already open. Georgia does not require

In Illinois the business must have a state licnese and be inspected for sanitation but the actual artist is not licensed.

So basically get to the US legal to work and you can be one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business license for kickboxing muay thai studio [ 2 Answers ]

Im interesting to open a kickboxing muay hai studio in nyc,what business license I need to get Many thanks Jim

Ask a tattoo artist? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a really intricate, complicated detailed idea for a back piece. I want it to be centered around world beliefs. But only religious and philosophical.. No politics. I have started drawing it, and even though I am a decent drawer, it's far more complex, but I'm sure any artist could...

Where do I go to school for tattoo and piercing license? [ 0 Answers ]

Im interested in to going to school for tattoo and piercing; how can I obtain this? And how much will it cost?

How Do You Go About Becoming a Tattoo Artist? [ 1 Answers ]

My son just turned 18 years old. He is very good at drawing and is interested in becoming a tattoo artist. I am wondering what he needs to do in order to do this?

View more questions Search