Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wardequip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2017, 07:09 PM
    Are low mileage bikes a concern before purchasing?
    Im considering purchasing a 2007 Roadking Classic which has less than 500 mi on it... Well cared for but only road it in the neighborhood... treated the fuel when not using and a friend of the original purchaser bought it since they guy was not going to take the required training to be proficient (wife requirement) . The new Harley dealers are trying to keep me from buying saying the seals or something could let loose since it hasn't been really used...
    I question that... What do you think?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 28, 2017, 09:04 AM
    My mechanic brother who has owned motorcycles for years, says:

"I believe they want you to buy a bike from them. I bought a 05 Soft Tail in Jan of '16 from a dealer (2000 miles on it). Being in New York, they floated the 90 day warranty to start in April. All is well ... may need a little carb tweaking is all. With today's seals and gaskets and the fact that it did get out some, it should be fine. If you like it .... buy it. (And that should be fuel inj) ... Ron"
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 28, 2017, 12:18 PM
    I agree with Wondergirl. Never ask a dealer for advice about buying from a private party. Besides, for all you know, they bought it out from under you already.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low mileage [ 1 Answers ]

Even after engine turn up the toyota car IST 2004 model does a low performance of 7.5km per liter. Even Gear box oil has been changed. What else should be done to obtain better performance. This vehicle was purchased by in this October. Rgs

Low mileage by Lancer Mitsibushi Petrol [ 2 Answers ]

I own 2002 Lancer Petrol & run 96,000 KMs so far. It gave exceptionelly good service. One month back, sent vehicle to local garage for preventive maintenance. After that it started showing some electrical problem like beep- beep sound even when it is totally off. Also a yellow icon on when ever I...

Low mileage (42K)1998 Honda CRV stalling while driving [ 1 Answers ]

I am original owner of 1998 Honda CRV with 42K miles on it and it is now stalling while driving and sometimes while at a red light.

1999 Honda Civiv, low gas mileage after new fuel filter installed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently installed the new Fuel filter in my car 1999 Honda Civic. Since then it seems the car is using about 30% more gas than before. I also did the tune up and the used AC compressor was installed. I did not even used the AC after the compressor was installed. Something I...

Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 low mileage [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer 1998 1.3 75HP car and recently it started getting very low mileage. When I went to a technical examination of the car where they connected it to the exhaust gases tester, they noticed that the O2 level was very high. Spark plugs have been changed recently. It started...

View more questions Search