Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsEarney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2017, 03:05 PM
    Help ASAP
    I am 25 weeks pregnant and have taken .5mg of Clonazepam and 50mg of Tramadol. Is my baby OK?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2017, 03:54 PM
    No. The fact that you took two very serious drugs (sedative and narcotic) and THEN asked if it was OK is a good indication that you can't control yourself.
    Call your doctor right now, and talk to a social worker about checking into rehab.
    Do you live alone?

I'm sure that you have been told that your baby is getting a HUGE dose of whatever you take, because of your relative sizes, for starters. You probably are 25 times what he or she is.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2017, 06:38 PM
    Please ignore the rude response above. You asked a rather delicate question and deserve a respectful answer. That member has never had a baby and has no knowledge as to why you took the medication. She is only assuming that your are an addict, and you know what happens when you assume.

If if this was a one-time occurrence, your baby is fine. Clonazepam is a Category D drug in pregnancy. This means that continued use has been known to cause birth defects. Just taking it once is not likely to cause a birth defect.

Tramadol is a Category C drug in pregnancy. This means that thre is a possibility of birth defects. Continued use can decrease the blood supply to the fetus. If used just once, all will be fine, but continued used will cause the baby withdrawal symptoms after birth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asap! [ 1 Answers ]

I took a hair drug test last Friday and have orentation this up coming Monday... if I haven't heard anything does that mean I passed? I should pass without any issues I'm just making sure because I have to tell an old job that Saturday has to be my last day..

Help ASAP please [ 1 Answers ]

I've had my appendix out on the 5th nov and I'm recovering from it I'm very achy aLl over but I've been taking solpadol for the pain and I've got this white stuff on my tongue and my tongues all sore are weird like furry like bits are popping off it like sticking up how do you get rid of it? Its...

Need help ASAP [ 8 Answers ]

I let my daughter go home with her father and he want return her she has miss school everyday this week he call she on me saying I'm on drugs I willing done a drug test and pass and he still want give her back he is on birth cert and has pay child support in the past I live in one county he in a...

I need help asap please. [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the values below is impossible for the descriptive measure in question? Answer r = 1.25 mean = -0.2 s = 3.4 both (a) and (b) both (a) and (c)

View more questions Search