Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2017, 10:36 AM
    You think that a system that consumes 15% of the budget and provides inadequate services (unless you purchase the supplemental plans ) for people 65 years and older and have paid into the system their whole working lives can take care of us from cradle to grave ? The numbers say something else .

Medicare spending, minus income from premiums and other offsetting receipts are projected to increase from $527 billion in 2015 to $866 billion in 2024, according to CBO .CBO projects total Medicare outlays to increase from $632 billion in 2015 to $1.1 trillion in 2024.

But it gets better than that ! The CBO’s short-term estimates do not take into account the spending effects of changes to Medicare’s physician payment system brought about by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) . Over the next decade,the Office of the Actuary (OACT )projects that total Medicare spending will increase from $649 billion in 2015 to $1.2 trillion in 2024.That's over 6 % of the annual GDP or a full third of the annual US government revenues.

And that's before you make it cradle to grave .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2017, 02:01 AM
    Sounds like you will have to cut some military expenditure
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 3, 2017, 02:41 AM
    Or raise taxes, AND cut military spending!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2017, 06:02 AM
    We are in the land of fantsy again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

Health insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is catherine,my husband is 65 years old and on social security and medicare he had a mass heart jan 16.2007 his income is about $1550.a month his co-pay for his medication is around $140.00 +rent $565.00 and other monthly payment $450.00 and $400.00 food for the two of us he is on a...

Health insurance [ 1 Answers ]

In which company best health insurance plan which covered most injury for buy an insurance plan

View more questions Search