Wanted to pull it. But she refused. Since then the tooth never has
    Pained her or given her trouble.

With me I have a tooth pain, that comes and goes, or remains
    Mild until I drink hot or cold drinks.

Why the difference between us??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Your tooth is just sensitive to hot and cold and this could from many reasons, one is that your gums have probably receded and the portion below the gum is the sensitive part. Or it could be you have the start of an impacted tooth. Does the tooth hurt to chew on ? If so, I would see a dentist.

Now for your wife's tooth. Years ago I had a tooth that I knew was going to need a root canal; then the pain went away (I know full well that impacted teeth can lead to heart disease). After having my regular check up I asked the dentist about that tooth, he took an x ray and a good look at it and said the tooth had calcified which means, one of the roots had died and just took care of itself. Maybe this is what happened to your wife's tooth, who can tell.

Its pretty hard to tell the difference between the two incidents and all conjecture on my part, but a possible explanation for both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain after extraction [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled about 5 days ago, 3 days after the extraction a tooth on the same jaw(lower) started to hurt, the tooth that was pulled was the very back tooth (bottom) the tooth that is now in pain is a front (lower) tooth. Is this related to the extraction? Or what!

Tooth whitening [ 4 Answers ]

About the laser whitening in the dentist's office, has anyone has that procedure done, and if so, what were the results? I have a little discoloration and wonder if the whitening would even the color out when it is done... any thoughts?

Tooth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any activities that is not allowed if u just went ot the dentist to pull your teeth?

Tooth pain for over 6 months [ 4 Answers ]

Hi hope someone can offer me some advice. Went to my dentist over 6 months ago for a filling. He thought it would probably need a crown, then decided to have a go at a filling. All went wrong and I was in pain after 10 minutes. He decided to try root canal treatment (back molar next to wisdom...

Tooth problem? [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you!

View more questions Search