Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phoenix1664 Posts: 226, Reputation: 19

Feb 24, 2017, 04:25 AM
    External SSD unable to access
    Hello again all.

Right my problem today My laptop an alienware 17R2 has recently packed in so I have taken the HDD's out of it and put them into external caddy's one was a laptop M.2 SSD drive and the other was a normal 2.5" drive. Now I can access the noramal one fine no problems but with the SSD when I connect it to my PC it will recognise it and give it a drive letter and show it in disk management but it is shown as having no data and I also have no options to do anything with it like format. Now I want to keep the data that is on it but I am now stumped as to how to get access to the data?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 01:59 PM
    What happens when you try running it as a single external drive rather then both at the same time ?

Feb 27, 2017, 01:46 AM
    If I try to access the M.2 SSD it will slow my computer down then nothing appears it is allocated the drive letter but I cannot access it at all.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 27, 2017, 04:16 PM
    Have you tried checking the disk for errors? It sounds possible that the drive table is messed up.

What happens if you put that same drive back into the computer? Does it work ok?

Feb 28, 2017, 03:53 AM
    I have not put this drive into my machine as an internal drive no. as the machine I came out of I no longer have

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to read calvary external hard drive 2012 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cavalry hard drive. Should be able to see this on windows 7 usb 2.0. Does not appear. I have tried several cables and 3 pc's. Any ideas? Power is on. It is not a problem with the USB port.

I am unable to connect sony 5.1 external speaker to lcd TV. [ 3 Answers ]

I am unable to connect sony 5.1 external speaker to lcd TV. *** let me know the set up changes to be done so that the sound comes from external speake

Unable to pull up external hard drive which prev worked [ 1 Answers ]

My external hard drive has worked splendidly since I received it almost 2 yrs ago until just recently. It's a SEAGATE FREEAGENT DESKTOP 500GB. It was possibly unplugged prior to shutting down the PC during a recent 'move'. My PC is Windows xp home sp3. When I turn on the PC a wizard comes in to...

Unable to access [ 1 Answers ]

The server at torrent.virtualplace.ro is taking too long to respond. * The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

Unable to access partition on external H/d [ 3 Answers ]

Would someone please assist me with remedying the following problem? I have a Maxtor 240 gb external drive, portioned into '3' sections labeled 'G', 'H' & 'I', each at approx. 80 gb, used to store family pictures, videos and audio books. I don't turn it on often, but did today, to move some...

View more questions Search