Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bareboat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2017, 06:03 PM
    Toilet refresher hangs on lip of bowl flushed down toilet
    I bought one of these toilet bowl blue cleaners attached to a plastic clip that hangs on the lip of the toilet bowl. This is on a new toilet and the flush water flow was so strong it flushed it down the toilet . The toilet flushes ok but tends to back up a little if paper is flushed.
    How do I get it out ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2017, 06:28 PM
    I'd say that if you can't reach it with your hand or someone with really small hands can't reach it either, then you need to remove the toilet from the floor and get it from the bottom.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 23, 2017, 07:26 PM
    I would try a toilet auger before taking the toilet off the floor. I have had great success clearing out things like you have by attaching a triple fishing hook on about 2' of line. Hold the end of the line and flush the hook down. Wait until the flush action stops and slowly pull out the hook.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 24, 2017, 11:12 AM
    If it is still inside the bowl, I would remove the toilet, flip it upside down, and removed it by hand. You don't really want the cleaner to enter your sewer pipe and get lodged somewhere down the pipe. Then you would have a bigger, and more costly, problem

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air pocket in toilet bowl when flushed [ 5 Answers ]

I am purchasing a home and an inspection was performed. Built in 2006. Cpvc supply lines and PVC drain and vent lines. Both toilets in the home have an air pocket when the toilet is flushed, however otherwise they operate normally. A plumber came out and snaked the drains and clean outs and there...

Toilet bowl fills quickly when flushed and doesn't hold water? [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! Our toilet is at least 15 yrs old - maybe much older. Several months ago, it developed a slow leak around the base. My husband replaced the seal (twice) but it continues to have a slow, small leak. No signs of a crack or other issues... a small towel around the base has temporarily worked....

Clicking noise in the pipe after I flushed my toilet bowl [ 1 Answers ]

There is clicking noise in the pipe after I flushed my toilet bowl. The clicking sounds like a creaking door. It is rapid at first and then it slows down to a stop. Seems to be coming from within the walls, but can't pinpoint where. This is happening even in summer. I just hope it isn't like the...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

View more questions Search