Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanakkian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2017, 10:04 AM
    Feeling so lonely.. help me?
    I'm a single and working in software field. I'm feeling so lonely as I don't hv any girlfriend.also am feeling I don't hv talent to make anyone as my girlfriend :(. Also I'm losing hope and thinking myself very low. I'm just reached 27 now and I'm trying to find someone from my age of 22. But I'm not able to find. I'm feeling so lonely and feeling so frustrated. Sometimes feeling to quit my life. People uses me whenever they needs :( I'm so helpless. Please anybody help me..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2017, 10:37 AM
    I think you need an EGO boost!! You might want to talk to someone about improving your self image. Go out to a park, library, anyplace with same aged people. Find a hiking trail, go to a soccer game even a food store at 5:30PM, lots of single people there. People will use you if you let them. Set a boundary and say NO sometimes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2017, 02:20 PM
    Look at you! Handsome guy! I'm a woman, but don't worry, I'm your grandmother's age.
    The only 'talent' needed is to be friendly and nice. Say hi and smile. Don't be fake. Don't overdo it. After a day or two of saying hi, give her a compliment.
    'You have a pretty smile.'
    'I like your hair that way.'
    'I heard you listening to that song - I like it too.'
    After a week of chit chat, you should be able to tell if she is enjoying talking with you. Then you can ask if she wants to walk around the park or get an ice cream. Just for 30 minutes, in the daytime.
    TRY IT!

If she says she is dating someone, just say 'oh darn' and smile and say 'lucky guy' or something.

REMEMBER: There are just as many shy, insecure women out there as there are guys who are the same.
    In a way, super shyness is a kind of self centeredness. You spend all your time wondering what people think of you, instead of you thinking about them. You need an ego boost, YET you also need to drop your ego. The less you think about what they think of you, the more they will like you. It's a paradox.

Now a software guy should like pondering a paradox, right? I'm not just making that up. It really is a weird and wonderful paradox.
    So get out there and be friendly.
    Ask some co-workers to drag you around with them while you just listen and watch.
    And as you pass by every woman at work, say hi. Just a plain, simple, hi. No need to stop in your tracks. Say it as you go by, but look them in the eye, and smile a nice regular little smile.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2017, 02:40 PM
    "I'm feeling so lonely and feeling so frustrated."

You know when you are negative and feeling negative like the above statement would suggest, you come across as unattractive to others. If you are positive and feel positive you will come across more attractive to others. People want to be around positive people. You and only you controls how you feel from minute to minute. So it's a choice. Given it's a choice why not choose to feel positive and therefore more attractive to others.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 24, 2017, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sanakkian View Post
    I'm a single and working in software field. I'm feeling so lonely as I don't hv any girlfriend.also am feeling I don't hv talent to make anyone as my girlfriend :(. Also I'm losing hope and thinking myself very low. I'm just reached 27 now and I'm trying to find someone from my age of 22. But I'm not able to find. I'm feeling so lonely and feeling so frustrated. Sometimes feeling to quit my life. People uses me whenever they needs :( I'm so helpless. Please anybody help me..
    Find something you like and socialize with it. Get involved with clubs/groups and organizations. It will make your life better and you might find someone who shares your values. Just a note, I didn't get married until I was 32. 5 years older then you. There is always hope.

I would also adventure outside of the types of women you usually try to hit on. I wouldn't say to lower your standards, but to expand them. Just meet people. I know it is hard as a software professional (I am), but once you get out and find people, something is more likely to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling very lonely [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am a 36 year old pre op transexual and live on my own and am very lonely I moved from stockton on tees and now live in newcastle I was married for many years until 6 months ago although we where little more than friends she was my best friend, but I was unable/unwilling to remain in my birth...

Feeling lonely because of him [ 2 Answers ]

I come to realize it is impossible for us to be together as a couple. I did some quizs, and the results told me the same thing, he doesn't like me. But no matter how much my friends and strangers advise me, I still don't want to get rid of him. My love is blind, but it is always a dream in my...

Feeling lonely [ 9 Answers ]

I don't know really where to begin at, first off sorry about spelling and punctuation I'm writing this kind of fast, anyway, this is pretty much how I have been feeling for a little while now. I don't think I'm really depressed or anything but I just feel really lonely, like I have nothing to do...

Feeling lonely... what to do if anything... [ 14 Answers ]

I've been feeling VERY lonely lately. I'm not sure why really though. I hang out with my friends pretty much daily, but I feel like something is missing. I know this is the time where I really DO NOT need to jump into a relationship, but I don't know what to do about it. I just want someone to care...

Feeling lonely [ 6 Answers ]

I am 29 years old single male. I don't have a single girlfriend. From childhood, I have experience that girls just don't like me. I always wanted a girl to fall in love with me and then I can shower my unconditional love on her. That has never happened. I am quite goodlooking and handsome according...

View more questions Search