Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bareboat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2017, 08:38 PM
    How to repair cast iron toilet flange
    I have a concrete floor and a cast iron toilet flange . One side has broken where the toilet bolt goes on one side. There seems to be a space between the flange and the concrete floor. I really don't want to try and break flange but will if necessary.
    Ive seen these repair splicing method and the PVC insert with the rubber flange that expands when you tighten internal screws BUT you have to install screws to secure it to the floor. Having the concrete floor I need a hammer drill.
    Can this type of flange be used without sing the screws ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2017, 03:20 PM
    Where's all our plumbers and builders?

All I can say is that there are countless Youtube videos on various ways to repair a toilet flange in a concrete floor.
    I would say as a DIYer who has never done one in concrete 'Of course you break the flange.' You replace it with a PVC insert with a new flange (don't see why you need one that expands?) and fill around the edge with concrete patch. Pad the drain while you work. Make sure everything is very flat and level.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 23, 2017, 07:29 PM
    Agree or you can try this Sioux Chief Stainless-Steel Flange Repair Ring-886-MR - The Home Depot
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 24, 2017, 11:09 AM
    There are number of ways to repair broken closet ring. Go with Ballengerb's advice. Quick, clean fix.

Milo
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2017, 07:29 AM
    Bareboat should be breathing a huge sigh of relief about right now. You guys just saved him a lot of work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove an old cast iron toilet flange to and install a compression flange. I'm uncertain how to get the old flange off.

Cast iron toilet flange [ 9 Answers ]

I have to replace the floor under the toilet because it was rotten. The toilet flange is cast iron (the house is over 60 years old); it is still in excellent shape. I prefer not to remove the flange from the cast iron pipe (I am an amateur, and don’t like to mess around with these ancient...

Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange [ 1 Answers ]

We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange

Cast Iron Toilet Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing my toilet and found that the cast iron toilet flange is broken where one of the bolts that hold the toilet should go. This was a crescent shaped slot, but the outer rim is broken and missing. I was going to replace the flange, but can't see how it is fastened to the drain pipe. ...

View more questions Search