Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pawa21438 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2017, 09:23 PM
    Can I be pregnant? What should I do?
    Can you give me suggestion about this. The condom broke during the service but my boyfriend took it out right away but I worrying because it's almost my period time so is it a chance if I could get pregnant? And what should I do to prevent it? We did it 3 days ago.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 22, 2017, 05:09 AM
    Condom use alone results in about a 25% pregnancy rate, although no one really has exact statistics because there's no way to get all the needed reports from women.

When you say he took it out right away, do you mean before or after his orgasm? If after, then of course the chances of being pregnant went much higher than if before. There is ALWAYS a chance for one tiny little sperm or two or a hundred to escape and get to an egg. It's even possible for sperm to leak out before orgasm. The chances are lower, and lower still with a condom, but a chance is a chance.

Being closer to your period DECREASES the chances of pregnancy, but that also is extremely variable. No 2 menstrual cycles are going to be the same. No 2 sperms are going to be equally good at getting to an egg. No 2 eggs are going to be in the same spot of their pathway to your uterus. That's why we say yes, you can get pregnant any time a penis is inside your vagina. And percentages mean nothing to the woman who happens to be in a small % group! If she's pregnant, she's 100% pregnant.

Depending on where you are in the world, you can get what is called the ipill, or 72 hour pill, but you must do so immediately. Start with a pharmacist, who will know what the laws are where you live. In the US you have to get one from a doctor/clinic. As each hour goes by, the chances of it working go down.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 22, 2017, 08:19 AM
    How far into your cycle did this happen? Did he ejaculate first?

As joypulv most excellently said, condoms reduce the probability of pregnancy. There are other factors of course:
    1) when did you ovulate? Most people will ovulate a little before half way into your menstral cycle. (End of period to end of period). That is an average. You can ovulate right at the beginning or right at the end of your cycle.

2). Was a secondary form of birthcontrol used? Pill? Spermacide? While it is rare, there are incidents of conception that occurred while using three forms of birth control properly. Using a single form does lessen the chance, but there is still a small chance.

Given the information that you have, I would wait until your period is supposed to come. IF it is late by more then two weeks then get a home pregnancy test.

A few things to think about until then: What will you do if you're pregnant. Marriage? Abortion? Talk this over with your boyfriend, as well as secondary forms of birth control.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2017, 06:50 PM
    Yes you could become pregnant from this. Even if there was no obvious break, they have a somewhat high failure rate (but much better than none)

At 3 days, there is nothing you can do now, but wait and see if you miss your next period or not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search