Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2017, 07:12 AM
    Do Evangelicals LOVE Jews, or do they wanna see them KILLED?
    Hello:

As a Jew, who is skeptical of Christian "love", I attempted to uncover the real reason for this phenomenon. I had to look no further than the Evangelical agenda.. Turns out, they believe that all Jews must return to Israel and be killed in the Apocalypse before the Second Coming of Christ.

That doesn't sound like love to me. You?

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2017, 07:32 AM
    Where do you get these weird beliefs from? Yes the jews return to Israel before the second coming, this has already happened and there will be many more than just jews killed in the apocalypse. You cannot speak to christians about love when you demonstrated so little love for one of your own, but for those of us who embraced his message we know the message is universal, there is no chistian or jew
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2017, 09:11 AM
    Dear excon:

Actually, the REAL Evangelicals love Jews (and Muslims and Hindus and Buddhists, etc.). They are called "evangelical" because their mission is to spread the Gospel as Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:19, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (But if you're not interested in changing teams, we go away and try someone else -- but we still love you and are nice to you).

Not too long ago, the fundies, who didn't like all that "fundie" implies because people weren't taking them seriously, decided to call themselves "evangelicals" ("fake name") and even capitalize the "e" (after all, capitalized nouns are impressive and make people sit up and take notice).

If anyone is talking about the Apocalypse and Armageddon and Jews returning to Israel and stuff like that, that person's a fundie, not an evangelical.

Daughter of an evangelical minister,
    WG
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2017, 09:42 AM
    Aha, thank you excon and Wondergirl. I get senses of this on Facebook.

And I get to add the term fundie to my lexicon.
    I have a term I made up for a certain kind of patriot I call an Amendie.
    I think many Amendies are also fundies.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2017, 10:05 AM
    "Fundie" is, of course, from the term "fundamentalist."
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2017, 12:57 PM
    Yes thanks I got that. I was tying my Amendie to fundies in that an Amendie is a fundamentalist regarding the Constitution, believing that just quoting an Amendment is the end of any discussion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Going crazy.. wanna ride [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 94 fxlr and when I shift from neutral to first it starts wanting to go for a few min then calms down but I can't shift out of first into second unless turned off.. Any suggestions?

Early 90s love story man gets killed by elephant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a movie that come out in the early 90s it is was set in India it starts with to little girls playing dress up one of the girls was rich(the rich girl always got what she wanted) and the other little girl was poor but the were best-friends and the rich little girls always...

Jews [ 18 Answers ]

Why don't Jews celebrate Christmas? And what festival do they celebrate in December? And what's that festival about? From Cocopops2311

View more questions Search