Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstigler Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2017, 01:52 PM
    Dsc security DCS pc1832 reset
    Installers code factory 5555 doesn't work. I did the factory jumper pwr off/on and it did not reset. When the pwr was applied after the reset the relay chattered and the panel beeps. Seems like there was a second level installer code that can't be over ridden. I know this requires all zones to be redone.
    Johnny
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2017, 08:40 AM
    If your Line Seizure chattered 10 Times, sounds like Installer Lockout enabled (990, with #1 On)

Hardware Reset (Default) Main Control Panel
    Perform the following to restore the main control panel to its default settings:
    1. Power down the system.
    2. First removing all wires between Zone 1 and PGM1 on the control panel, connect a short between them.
    3. Power up the control panel (AC power only) for 10 seconds.
    4. Power down the control panel, remove the short between Zone 1 and PGM1.
    5. Power up the control panel.

Sound Like you ARE Locked Out.
    You have 3 Options, Guess the code, use a Panel Unlocker, or buy a new Board, If Board Version is less than Ver 4.6, I would replace the board.

Hopefully you just have Hardwired zones(motions and contacts). If you have Receiver)s), remote expanders, wireless devices, you will need to get ESN's, and other data.

Write down all zones before disconnecting.

Can Help more if needed.

Board is less than $100.00

Good Luck

Feb 21, 2017, 10:28 PM
    I can do 5555 and nothing but 6666 will get in. However it doesn't accept any 3 digit codes. I did see a board on Amazon Thanks for the input. Johnny S.
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2017, 06:46 AM
    Then default code had been changed, guessing was the cheapest solution, *8 then code is Installer, *5 or *6 is user. Be sure it is 4.6 version, if you swap board.
    If you do swap boards, go into programming and write down current programming, If you have wireless, Look at 804 for ESN's. Write them down. Will save you time.
    Good Luck

Feb 22, 2017, 10:31 AM
    Problem solved. Just changed the board & started over. Now on Cell Monitor. I do know the installer *8 code on this board. Johnny S.
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2017, 06:48 AM
    Is it Ver 4.6? and did you say *8 6666 worked on other board. You can have 4 or 6 digit codes, not 3. why did you change board? Thanks
    Installer code shows Master Code?

Feb 23, 2017, 04:18 PM
    Ver 4.22 orig Bd. This was the cleanest way to get the system back online and get a newer firmware. No issues now and no trouble light. I do know the installers code for this board so in the future updates can be made. Thanks for you input Johnny S.
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2017, 09:31 AM
    Why did you change board if 6666 worked? Why do you say it is cleaner than 4.6? Don't believe it can be upgraded? No troubles means you either have it monitored, or you went into 015 and 380(Disable communications, and tel line monitor. Not sure if the TL-150 will work with that Version for a certain App, It may? With the TL-150 and a $5 App, you can view Zone status of the 32 zones, and remotely Arm/Disarm with your phone. What was the Idea of 3 Digit codes?

Feb 25, 2017, 11:08 AM
    Stratmando 6666 accepted but no 3 digit codes worked.
    I have a TL-150 and it worked but I couldn't get in to eliminate the POTS dial for the previous monitoring service so the panel stayed in trouble mode. I am up and running now with the replacement board. The wife is happy and that's it.
    Johnny s.
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2017, 05:41 AM
    Do you mean the 3 digit programming locations? Did you get App going with the TL-150?
    Good you got it.
    That is a very Capable panel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good panel unlocker for DCS pc1832? [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot obtain my installer code and am trying to switch to another monitor company. If the Installer Lockout is Enabled, I may need to use a panel unlocker, right?

Dsc pc1832 how to reset installer code when you forgot it [ 7 Answers ]

How to reset installer code on a pc1832?

How to reset dsc alarm pc1832 [ 10 Answers ]

A friend had a problem with there alarm,there is no paper work for this panal and no codes at all,the panel is in a lockable box with no keys. I have forced the box and the panel inside is a pc1832/1864 I believe to reset the panel you have to short out pgrm1 and z1,I have done this but this has...

How do I reset the 'Master Code' for a DSC PC1832? [ 7 Answers ]

I moved into a home that has an alarm system with door, glass breakage, and fire installed, but the codes are no where to be found. Is it possible to 'reset' the master? I am aware that I may need to reprogram in all the zones if it is reset, but I just need to start fresh and be able to arm the...

DCS PC1832 Programming (Night Zone) [ 7 Answers ]

I just had my system installed. I have a numeric keypad only. I am a programmer by trade, but not this systems. I program business systems. I would like to program some ZONES as Night Zones. So that when I use the Interior Stay mode and press the command I would get some additional (Nigth)...

View more questions Search