Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rm113 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2017, 10:29 PM
    Printer drivers will not install on toshiba tecra
    I purchased a HP Officejet 250 All-in-one mobile printer and installed the full software onto my Toshiba Tecra W50.  The printer is wireless and connects onto a network or by WIFI Direct.  When I go to print documents nothing will print.  I called HP support and they troubleshooted for over an hour with me and concluded that it's a computer hardware issue.  They said they tried installing other printer drivers and it won't install other printers either.  They think it's some hardware issue with the Toshiba laptop that is preventing printer files from being accepted and installed.  One thing I don't understand is why does it seem the printer and laptop are communicating through network because it's being recognized.  But problem is it won't print.  I cannot call Toshiba because they don't have a 24 hour Tech support line.  I'm on a deadline and need the printer ASAP.  Can you please help me resolve this issue?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 20, 2017, 05:22 AM
    Okay, you need to give us a lot more information, particularly what HP support did for that hour.

Question, can you see the printer in your system? Question, are you connecting to the printers TCIP port or going through a proxy connection?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that HP properly installed the print driver for their printer. Also, that the printer is set to be "Shared" over the network. If it is not, then it cannot be seen by the network.

Feb 20, 2017, 05:56 AM
    They installed it and visible by the network. When installing in Devices and Printers, it shows it installs but when I right click on the printer icon, then click properties a message comes out telling me printer driver is not installed. It asks do you wish to install driver and I click yes but it still does not print because it says the driver is not installed. This is why tech support at HP said it's a computer problem not a printer driver problem. How do I check to see if it is a laptop hardware issue?

Feb 20, 2017, 06:54 AM
    What is the operating system you are using. If it is Windows I've got a shot at helping you.

First, loading a driver is normally a software issue, not hardware.

Open the control panel, go to the "Printers" task and select "add a printer" .

Windows responds by asking you how you want to connect to the printer. Select the method you want (I suggest using a TCPIP port).

Using the printer, print out the menu setting of the printer and get the TCPIP address. It will be something like 192.168.0.2. Put that into the Windows dialog box and select next. Windows will attempt top connect with the printer.

Once it does connect with the printer, Windows will ask you what driver to use. You can use either a generic HP driver (included with the Windows software), a generic Windows driver or you can click on the "Have Disk" option and let Windows load the driver from the HP provided disc.

At the end, you will be give the option to print a test page, do that and make sure that the Windows can spool data to the printer.

Feb 20, 2017, 09:59 AM
    How can I make sure that the Windows can spool data to the printer? I don't have extensive computer knowledge. Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 20, 2017, 10:12 AM
    What version of Windows is on the Toshiba?

Feb 20, 2017, 10:24 AM
    It's a simple test. You select "Print Test Page" and if the page prints, Windows has spooled (sorry, "spooled" is a fancy word for sent data) the information to the printer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove power on password of toshiba tecra a8 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys,is there any one who can help me to remove the power on password of my toshiba tecra a8 model laptop.. thanks

I have a toshiba tecra s3 laptop and my cd drive is not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a toshiba tecra s3 laptop and my cd/dvd drive is not working

Connecting to the internet with Toshiba Tecra 9100 [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 different computers in my house with built in wireless cards. My toshiba Tecra 9100 can't find an available network. I don't know why.

Toshiba tecra s1 [ 1 Answers ]

I won a bid on a acutioned storage room, and a tecra s1 was in it, it has a bootpassword. Anyway to get around it?

Toshiba Tecra A2 BIOS password [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Tecra A2 system, and it requests a password nearly as soon as it boots. I've tried to locate the CMOS battery, but was unsuccessful. I've searched Toshiba.com for resetting BIOS settings, but no luck so far. Is anyone familiar with resetting BIOS passwords of this model?

View more questions Search