Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    islam199797 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2017, 02:27 AM
    Shale gas and oil technology innovation of 2014 has increased the world supply of cru
    Shale gas and oil technology innovation of 2014 has increased the world supply of crude oil, and the retirement of baby boomers starting in 2013 (along with stagnation in Japan and Western Europe, and slow-down of growth in china) is serving to reduce global demand for crude. What do you expect will happen in his market for crude oil as a consequence?

a. Equilibrium price will arise, but the effect on quantity traded is uncertain

b. Equilibrium price will fall, but the effect on quantity traded is uncertain

c. Equilibrium quantity traded will arise, but the effect on equilibrium price is uncertain

d. Equilibrium quantity traded will fall, but the effect on equilibrium price is uncertain

e. Equilibrium price and quantity traded will both fall
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 19, 2017, 04:10 AM
    The technology has been getting better over many years, with a further cost reduction in 2014. As a baby boomer myself, I keep my house warmer, but drive less, so I see no big change, and neither do my friends, so what's that about? Slow down of growth in China is just the RATE of growth. Still growing. They are plenty of other factors, such as the enormous reduction in airplane fuel needs as planes are being made with carbon fiber based materials. Increasing demand from emerging nations. As the Arctic melts, countries are fighting for rights to oil over their borders, currently off-limits per agreements handled by the UN. Political upheavals will have unknown effects, big ones. Just something like a new oil minister in an oil rich nation. Saudi Arabia still holds most of the cards, with the cheapest production costs in the world.

So there's production costs, demand, and totally unpredictable politics.

Anyone who thinks they can predict past a few months is a fool.

Anyway - which one would you choose? Your professor doesn't even mention a time span!
    My short term answer would be d. Prices are still pretty low. I don't think there's a wrong answer, because the premise is somewhat debatable. Plus there's no choice for both staying the same.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2017, 08:15 AM
    An argument can be made for all but what do you think, and why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My company supply automative gas oil [ 0 Answers ]

My company supply automotive gas oil to companies, I need an introduction later

Flex Connector for gas range is too big for the gas supply line [ 3 Answers ]

Got a new gas range. The old range had a yellow gas flex connector and fit perfectly on the brass flare end of the supply pipe, but the new steel connector is too big for the flare end fitting of the gas supply pipe, although just right for connecting to the range. The house was built in 1957, and...

Increased noise in new supply duct for HVAC system [ 5 Answers ]

I have had the fiberboard/flex duct system replaced with standard metal duct for our central HVAC system. The improvement in airflow has been very good, partly because the previous install had the flex loose with lots of tight bends. The only drawback is the increased (I assume blower) noise...

Accidentally put gas only in gas/oil mix Poulan blower [ 2 Answers ]

I accidentally put all gas in my blower and ran it for about 5 minutes until it died on me. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

No gas supply, or faulty valve in gas fireplace? [ 4 Answers ]

We use a regency Gr55-3 ~20,000btu gas fireplace for heating our bedroom. Its about 10 years old and has given us no trouble before. The gas supply line is a small (3/8"?) flexible copper tube that runs about 40' from a prv. I believe the prv lets pressure down from 2psi to a few inches of...

View more questions Search