Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2017, 11:47 PM
    Computer Sound Problems
    I have a desktop DC7800 SFF HP computer with no sound, as far as I know all the audio drivers are installed.so if anybody can help my solve this problem please do. (os0 WINDOWS 7 PROFESIONAL 64 BIT

THANKS to all that help
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2017, 05:41 AM
    This problem can arise but have you tried plugging your speaker jack into your headphones outlet
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2017, 07:32 AM
    I've tried that and nothing but also I'm not getting sound from my internal speaker either.I also just installed a new graphics card and that's when the sound went out
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 19, 2017, 01:13 PM
    If it's an Nvidia video card, the newer ones also include Nvidia HD audio on the video card. For some reason Nvidia thinks their HD drivers are more important than the ones you were using and probably made them default without your approval. You'll have to go into your settings and change it back. If you have Realtek HD Audio on your motherboard, there is a Realtek HD Audio Manager in your control panel where you can look. If you have an actual sound card installed like a Creative card you should be able to change the default sound device in your audio settings for play and or record. That would go for the Realtek as default as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer sound [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir My PC xp windows bacame no sound I treid much to repair but no results Now my xp windows without sound how to return the sound please ? Saaid

How to get Computer Sound [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Maria and I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 530/531 computer. I forgot to ask for "sound" to be added in the package price. How do I get sound, now that I have the computer? Thanks. Maria

Computer sound [ 1 Answers ]

I must have uninstalled something on my computer because the sound when we listen to music or video's or anyone talking.. its going in fast speed and it sounds like the chipmunks. I remember months ago I unistalled something and I can remember what, but since then my computer voice is all wacked...

Lost sound on my computer. Problems with multimedia controllers. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I seem to have accidentally deleted the software for my audio chip in my computer... being that I don't have the original software disc to re-install it, I was wondering what can I do to get this to work again... I seam to hear a lot about installing new drivers but I'm not sure which ones to...

No sound in computer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends. Last month I bought a second hand SONY VAIO PCV-W111 desktop, the OS was XP home edition in japanese, I installed win xp pro in english on that. After that there is no sound in my PC and TV tuner is also not working .I don't know which sound card is using in my PC , can any body tell...

View more questions Search