Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovelife2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2017, 10:35 PM
    EtG test after drinking
    I Drank 2 Bottles of wine. Ending Saturday morning at around 1:30. My alcohol ETG test fro supervised release is on Tuesday at 8:30 AM. Will I pass. I have read that the ETG can detect alcohol consumption up to 80 Hrs back. Some info suggests it can detect alcohol up to 5 days back.
    I am 150lbs and plan on running and drinking a LOT of water, please let me know as soon as possible as I am quite worried.
    Will never do this again.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2017, 05:59 AM
    Drinking a LOT of water may make you fail because of dilution. Don't you think the labs realize that? Now you are "quite worried"? You obviously weren't when drinking the 2 bottles even though you are on supervised release. May or may not pass. Suggest you consider counseling.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2017, 08:07 AM
    Much too late to worry, or look for a way to cover up your lapse. The devil is in the details of your agreement in what levels of detection, if any, since you are in a gray zone with the time factor, are allowable. While some have zero tolerance, some have a cut off for incidental contact. That would be in your agreement and should have been the first question you asked a PO or reporting officer to get a clear understanding of the rules you agreed too.

No one can say what your individual test outcomes will be with certainty, but I would suggest doing healthy stuff with the EATING, and the liquids as well as exercise and rest just as a common sense approach to get back on track whatever your outcome is.

At least take heart in knowing you slipped up, albeit maybe too late, and do whatever it takes to get back on track. Who knows you may just luck through this and pass, but my suggestion is hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Good Luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2017, 08:43 AM
    I would now have fear of failure for drinking too much water, that is about the worst thing you can do.

With that said, what is the test for ? What are the guidelines, what is the failure levels ? Can it detect some at 5 days, most likely yes, Does it gauge a failure with limits set at the 80 hour reading, yes.

So if you were to have none, not a drop, it may show up for that longer period. Was this in family court ? Criminal court, probation.

What happens if you fail ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EtG test after heavy drinking? [ 6 Answers ]

Consumed heavy amounts of alcohol on and off for about 5 days. Have a test roughly 8 days from last drink. Most people are golden after 120 hours but will binge drinking possibly make me test positive over a week later? I am a healthy and active individual

Does drinking water help an EtG test? [ 0 Answers ]

If I drank pretty heavily Sat night, drank a large amount of liquids(water), around 400oz, Sunday and Monday and had my test around 40hrs after last drink. I believe the cut-off they use is 1000. What are my chances of being below this mark? I am Male and about 155lbs.

EtG test after drinking [ 3 Answers ]

So I drank 2-3 beers on Friday night which was about 6 drinks. Then on Saturday I had about 1-2 drinks and I believe my BAC was zero by midnight on Saturday, since I had so little on Saturday. I have a EtG test with a 100ng testing on Wednesday at 6pm. Will I pass?

Heavy drinking and EtG test [ 10 Answers ]

Last week, I was drinking around 7-24 oz beers a night, for about a week. My last drink was about 11pm and have an EtG test 8 days later. Is it possible I will fail for having so much alcohol consumed?

ETG test after drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 31 year old female and approx. 165lbs. I drank five beers Friday night, one beer Saturday, and one beer Sunday. I have to submit a urine sample for an ETG test tomorrow by 4:30pm. Will I be able to pass?

View more questions Search