Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laurenlindsey95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2017, 04:35 AM
    Pregnancy
    I have had light positive pregnancy test yesterday and today but negative line tests and period is still not due for 2 'more days what should I do?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 16, 2017, 08:33 AM
    Wait until you miss your period, if you period doesn't come in 16 days. Come again.

The "Detect before your period" pregnancy tests are moderately effective at being accurate before your period. The safest and most accurate is to wait unitl your period is two weeks late. If you get your period, then you're not pregnant. If you don't, you could be and should THEN use the test to confirm.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2017, 08:34 AM
    If you have not missed a period yet, why not just wait a few more days and see what happens?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 16, 2017, 04:49 PM
    You're testing too early. Most pregnancy tests cannot detect the HCG hormone until at least 3 weeks of pregnancy, which is usually when you're 1 week late for your period. The ones that say they can detect pregnancy before a missed period, are a waste of money.

You had a faint positive 2 days before your period is due, and false positives are rare, so I would say congrats, it sounds like you're pregnant. But, it can happen that you get a false positive. False negatives are very common.

I would wait until your period is at least a week late, then test, and test using first morning urine, that's the most accurate because in the morning your urine is the most concentrated. Follow the directions exactly, a lot of false positives and negatives are because the directions weren't followed.

I know that waiting sucks, sadly when it comes to pregnancy the entire thing is a long waiting game, so best to get used to waiting now since you might very well have 9 months of waiting ahead of you. :)

Let us know what the results is, and good luck, I hope it turns out the way you want it to.
    loardeva Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2017, 10:02 PM
    You better to go to a consultant.
    JuMartins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2017, 08:48 AM
    What happened to your pregnancy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Misses periods for 3 months 2 negative home pregnancy tests and no sign of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 26 yrs old and about 2 yrs ago i missed my period for the 1st time then it later started naturally after 6 months with heavy menses. 3- 4 months later it stopped again this time i was put on femilion for abt 4 months after completing the course it was normal for 2 months (dec 13, jan 14)...

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search