Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2017, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    No I got that from watching the live press conference. And you are missing the point. Trump made the statement that he had the largest margin since Reagan. A reporter confronted him with the fact that there were greater margins. This got him nonplussed and confused. It was very clear to anyone watching. I'm not arguing about how many electoral votes he got or how significant it was. I'm talking only about how he reacted when he was caught in an untruth.
    Look, Dump believes his own B/S, he lives on planet Trump, and only daines to interact with us morals for his amusement. He is like all politicians, he starts with the script, and when caught out, he has nowhere to go. Everything he has said so far is Hyperbole, exaggeration of what he hopes to achieve. Where would it have got him if he said he would finish the border fence? Where would it have got him if all he said was he would enforce immigration laws? Where would it have got him if he just said we will reduce taxes? No, he had to make his policies bigger, better that what anyone had attempted because he is Trump.

Once in office the reality sets in and like all others he will do the possible and rant about the unfairness of someone, something, that prevents him from doing the rest, much of it will be money, Obama left the cupboard bare
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 22, 2017, 04:20 PM
    Do you guys and gals like Cheese with your whine? Give it a break.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2017, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    I do enjoy cheese and wine with my debate, a nice red
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2017, 08:53 AM
    Hello c:

Gotta LOVE that 1st Amendment.. Dissent WORKS. Look.. The libs have NO power whatsoever, but we're changing things BIGLY. I dunno if you noticed, but we STOPPED the travel ban COLD.. And, I don't think they're gonna be repealing Obamacare any time soon.

Oh, I know... We're ALL paid to protest and they bus us from town to town... Bwa, ha, ha ha.. Snicker, snicker...

excon

Feb 23, 2017, 03:22 PM
    Time will tell. Snicker, snicker...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2017, 06:22 PM
    Time will tell. Snicker, snicker...
    The problem here is by the time you Trump sycophants wake up to the way he's conned you, it may be too late for the country.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2017, 06:55 PM
    I refuse to drink the koolaid when faced with the undeniable facts, the lies, the obvious mental issues of Trumpy. Do you want more koolaid with your alternative facts?

Feb 24, 2017, 02:26 PM
    How about that Lefties? Do you have any daughters? Snicker, Snicker.....
    CNN anchor Cuomo says little girls should be forced to see nude males in locker rooms

Will CNN anchor Chris Cuomo still have a job next week?
    The notoriously liberal and angry journalist crossed the line, with a perverted Twitter attack on a father.

Read why this notorious liberal must be fired,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2017, 02:53 PM
    Really? That's the best you can do? That headline is just the time of fake news that Trump complains about. Only its more on the conservative side.

Cuomo said nothing of the kind. That father doesn't understand what transgender is about if he thinks that boys who identify as girls are going to go parading through locker rooms with a penis hanging out. Or if he thinks that that boys are going to pretend to be transgender so they can get a look at girls in a lockeroom. So I agree with Cuomo that the father needs to be more tolerant and understanding.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2017, 06:37 PM
    lol ;all this gender and race identity ambiguity should play real havoc on laws protecting selective groups. There is no limiting principle for what will be classified as a race ,a sexual orientation or gender identity in the future if just identifying oneself as a protected class makes someone part of the protected class.

If laws instead of protecting equality before the law ,grant special privileges ;then it is logical that someone will exploit those laws if the only qualifying factor is that someone identifies as a member of a protected class.

My simple solution to the bathroom issue would be to change the name on the door from Men's and Women's rooms to 'Penis' and 'Vagina' . Then all you have to do is go to the one that you biologically belong in . It takes no more understanding than that .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2017, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    My simple solution to the bathroom issue would be to change the name on the door from Men's and Women's rooms to 'Penis' and 'Vagina' . Then all you have to do is go to the one that you biologically belong in . It takes no more understanding than that .
    You're okay with someone in full makeup, with beautiful blond tresses, and wearing a sexy dress hiking up her skirt to use a urinal near you? And other males in this public bathroom will ignore her? And if she goes into a stall, how will you know if she has the required penis and is allowed in this bathroom?
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2017, 08:43 PM

1. You're okay with someone in full makeup, with beautiful blond tresses, and wearing a sexy dress hiking up her skirt to use a urinal near you? And other males in this public bathroom will ignore her? And if she goes into a stall, how will you know if she has the required penis and is allowed in this bathroom?
    No I'm not ok with it and Cuomo is wrong .I don't need to be more tolerant and understanding. I'm looking for some rules that makes sense . Short of making all restrooms single stall like a port-a-potty then that's the best I can come up with .

btw I hope the Dems continue to make such issues the central plank of their platform . and another thing . Despite what he thinks he identifies as ;Bruce Jenner will still need to go to the doc to get his prostate exam.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2017, 08:54 PM
    Bruce Jenner will still need to go to the doc to get his prostate exam.
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China????

Maybe he'll have it surgically removed along with the external male anatomy.

Feb 25, 2017, 06:52 AM
    So much BS, it has been fine before the Liberals decided to make everyone feel so comfy. What the heck is wrong with the way it has been for centuries? One thing leads to another and after that, someone comes up with "an another". Tomder55 I agree. One of these days, someone will decide it is okay for everyone to walk around naked, oh, that is just "An Another" that will need to be worked on. Wow, nothing like going back centuries to satisfy the weird.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 08:40 AM
    Tom your porta-potty idea is GREAT. Some smart guy can design unisex bathrooms everyone can use with privacy, and safety for schools and public places, once we stop yammering about those good old days when men were men and women were women and there was no in between. Evolution is messy, and for some scary.

I realized long ago that the wingers aren't going no where so the noise will never stop. That doesn't mean the rest of us can't progress though, and make some adjustments that includes and not excludes, and embraces and not punishes ordinary people for their own uniqueness.

As for the provocative prez "SEE YOU IN COURT!!"!
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2017, 12:58 PM
    A Texas transformer girl on steroids, in a 'transition to being a 'male', has a 55-0 record in girls wrestling and is advancing towards the state championship. Now she has said she'd prefer to wrestle against boys . However state rule prohibits girls from wrestling in the boys division and vice versa. Much better that she be able to compete juiced up on steroids I guess.
    http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...134761654.html
    Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 02:08 PM
    The steroids were prescribed by a doctor, reviewed by the state, and the wrestler was approved to compete, though I shake my head at that decision. Doesn't seem that fair to me but what do I know?
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2017, 06:03 PM
    The important thing to remember is gender's just an imaginary construct....right ?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 07:20 PM
    I'm not transgender, but I have a few friends that are. I've always been about equal rights for everyone, and everyone means everyone! I never did understand how someone can feel like they're in the wrong body, until one transgender friend said this to me. Now I'm going to change it to man instead of woman, because the majority of people on this thread are men, but here's what I would like you to consider.

Let's say that tomorrow you wake up and you're suddenly the opposite gender. You went to bed a man, and woke up a woman. Now, all "I'd sit at home all day playing with my breasts and experiencing multiple orgasms" jokes aside, think about how you'd feel. Would you be okay with being female for the rest of your life, or would you perhaps hate it? I know as a female that loves being female, I would not want to suddenly be male and have to live as a male the remainder of my life.

That's what transgender is. You're born a certain sex, but everything you love, everything you do, everything you feel, is the opposite of the sex you were born into. Imagine having to live out your life being something you're not just because you're born with the parts.

Let's go even further. You're male, tomorrow you wake up female, but all of your records state that you're male. You now look like a female in every way, you are female in every way, but you still have to use the mens bathroom because it says on your birth certificate that you're male. Is that okay?

Trans people don't want to use the bathroom of the gender they're transitioning to because they're perverts and want to look at your pee pee. They just want to pee and poo, like every other person in the world. They don't want to go into a woman's bathroom dressed as and looking like a man, because that would be uncomfortable not only for them, but the women in the bathroom. They don't want to go into the mens bathroom dressed like and looking like a woman, because that would be uncomfortable for them and the men in the bathroom. They don't want to constantly have to explain "yes, I look like a woman but I was born a man so I'm sorry, but I have to use the bathroom with you guys because too many close minded people think that if I use the women's bathroom, I'll molest the women because I still have a penis".

Trust me, no one wants to see your pee pee, or touch your pee pee, or molest you with their pee pee. They just want to pee pee!
    Expert

Feb 25, 2017, 07:44 PM
    Well said Alty!

The important thing to remember is gender's just an imaginary construct....right ?
    There is nothing imaginary about feelings... yours or someone else's. It doesn't just apply to transgender, but with any "category" of human. Gay, black, irish, doesn't matter, no one likes to be discriminated against, ostracized, or dictated to, because of their uniqueness or differences.

I think it's the differences that are imaginary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental Abilities of Trump's Press People [ 19 Answers ]

How would you characterize the mental stability of Sean Spicer when he blatantly denies an absolutely true and valid FACT, as he did regarding the size of the crowd on Friday compared to Obama's previous crowd? And when he lied about the Metro ridership - again comparing Trump and Obama ridership? ...

Trump's Recent Tweet [ 75 Answers ]

Trump tweeted that "millions voted illegally". Then why is Trump against the recount?

Trump's Fantasy World [ 22 Answers ]

I've said this in other places. Trump lives in a fantasy world. I'm not sure he can fully tell the difference between reality and fantasy. Here is another bit of proof of that. In this video Trump is seen urging people to view the video of Obama's recent encounter with a pro Trump heckler. Trump...

Can just anyone attend a Trump Rally? [ 2 Answers ]

Can just anyone attend a Trump Rally?

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest... [ 2 Answers ]

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest version but I got an email the new Imac has been released. The Apple store is being very nice about - trade it in for the new version or get $300 refund. Any thoughts on what we should do?

View more questions Search