Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danish khan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2017, 03:52 PM
    Ocd and depression
    I am 26 years old. I have an ocd disease since 2 years and also depression.depression is OK but ocd doesn't go from my mind. Many thoughts comes to my mind.my mind say again and again you go and wash your hand .my mind thoughts no one touch me because they are dirty or dusty like. I'm very worried about this.so please give me advice or islamic way that can help to remove ocd from the roots.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2017, 05:23 PM
    You should be seeing someone trained in dealing with this. You are never going to achieve the same results trying to deal with this without them.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 16, 2017, 08:35 AM
    There are several ways to deal with this, unfortunately they're best administered and described by your medical professional. I would talk to the medical professional that diagnosed your OCD and get treatment from him. Could be drugs or behavioural treatment, either way it is better to be administered and monitored by a medical professional.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 16, 2017, 09:08 AM
    http://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/anx...rticle/514725/

Please read that and ask questions. The drugs are names as sold in the US. Notice especially the use of ketamines or DCS.
    Very strong OCD really does benefit most from the right drugs, but you need good talk therapy too.
    The second page of the article mentions the part that habit plays.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2017, 09:15 AM
    I agree with the others that the guidance of a good health caregiver is the way to go, and the doctor who diagnosed you 2 years ago, can guide you to the right therapist, counselor, or doctor.

You can read here as it relates to Islam.

http://islamandpsychology.blogspot.c...d-waswaas.html

https://www.missionislam.com/health/...vedisorder.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have OCD? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,for about a long time now I've been dealing with very intrusive and bad thoughts. Im 13, in the 8th grade and a Christian. I've been dealing with this for about almost a whole year. I went through depression earlier in life but after my doctor apointment I've been better. This thoughts give...

Depression,depression, depression on ex girlfriend. [ 8 Answers ]

After we broke up, I really wanted to forget her and such. More I tried, the more I step a few steps back. Now reminiscing I seriously feel she had cheated on me... and that might be the reason we broke up. It's been like half a year since we broke up but I still can't forget her. One of the reason...

Help With My OCD [ 8 Answers ]

Well I have OCD. I pick my lip (sometimes) and really bite my nails. I don't bite my nails badly. Its just I hate my nails getting long and I hate seeing the white line on top of my nail. Strange I know. With my lip when I pick it it sometimes bleed. Like if my lips are chapped I have to pick them....

Physical Depression more than Emotional Depression [ 3 Answers ]

I have a hard time getting up in the morning, I feel like I have no energy. I'm not just tired but drained of anything to make me get up. I also have been having a hard time remembering things, dizzy spells, nausea and weakness when lifting things. I do have some emotional depression but not as...

View more questions Search