Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2017, 05:04 PM
    Electricity question
    I have a china cabinet that uses three Reflector Spot Bulbs.
    25 W. R-14, either standard base or short neck.
    These bulbs are burning out every two months and I would like to have someone 'change the sockets' to remedy this problem. Is this the correct solution? AND... could a handyman who knows about electrical problems do this ? OR should I check with an electrician?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2017, 06:19 PM
    Unless these are flickering before they burn out... I don't think it's the socket that's the problem, are they overheating? Have you tried replacing these with a compatible LED size?
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2017, 04:51 AM
    I forgot to state "Bulbs Are Getting STUCK" in the sockets and hang by a thread after they go out.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2017, 07:39 AM
    LED would be a good choice as mentioned by Smoothy, Less heat.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 20, 2017, 06:34 PM
    I agree, LED and you do not need to change out the sockets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question about max electricity usage of a Winow A/C. Thanks! [ 2 Answers ]

Question about electricity usage. Hi, I recently installed a Window A/C in my home, and was wondering if someone could provide me some answers to a couple questions. So, as I understand it, to find out the cost of running my A/C, I would take the Amps and Volts, multiply them together, and...

Strange question for those that understand electricity or kilowatt meter boxes [ 2 Answers ]

This is going to sound a little crazy, but please bear with me. I am asking you guys because you seem to be knowledgeable, and I know very little about electricity. I am moving into a new apartment, with one bedroom only. It is an apartment building that has 6 units (so a small building), 5 of...

Electricity [ 12 Answers ]

hi, I need better (and simpler) answers.. I need to get rid of this headache (lol) if there is a relationship between voltage and current i.e. the formula Voltage = current * resistance then.. how come people say.. its not the voltage... but the current that kills.. in the same vein. ...

Mains electricity question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I live in spain where the electricity mains are 220V 50Hz. I live about 400 metres from town and have a cable which contains 2 wires with a diameter of 10 (not sure what the ten stands for) that runs to my house and delivers mains current. I supply the third ground wire at site with a...

View more questions Search