Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BravaCharlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2017, 02:22 PM
    Growth regressions over 3-year periods; regressors in average or year values?
    Say that I want to estimate a growth regression basically similar to the Augmented Solow Model one, except my dependent variable is not Y/L, but it's the average GDP growth over a 3-year period. As my independent variables, I'd take GDP at the beginning of the period and then average values of savings rate, human capital, etc... over the period. However, I've seen it done taking savings rate and such values for the last year of the period. So, it turns out something lie:
    Avg Growth 2010-2012 = GDP 2010 + Sav Rate 2012 + Hum K 2012 etc...
    When I estimate it, the coefficients are correct and significant, however I cannot understand if it's right. I'd understand taking all independent variables in first year values, or taking the rates as averages over the period, but I can't see why it would be correct to base the growth of the period over the last year's value.
    Can somebody shed some light on this please? Could it just be a mistake?

Check out some similar questions!

Average Weight for a 15 year old boy? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6'2 and weigh 117.4lbs is that good or bad?

What is the average length of a relationship a 23 year old girl an a 32 year old man? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the average length of a relationship a 23 year old girl an a 32 year old man?

Is my 2 year old extra bright or average? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Just wondering what I can do to help my 2 year old son, he never seems to focus or appear to be learning, he can't sit still long enough! But he knows all of the following: Could play 'peek-a-boo' at 6 months, Has understood the difference between 1and 2 items since about 14 months Has used...

How much does the average 20-22 year old have in the bank? [ 12 Answers ]

How much money does the average 20-22 year old have in the bank?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.