Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2017, 03:04 PM
    Picasso's Brooch?
    Hi,

I have a brooch that has a print or the real thing that is reflective of Picasso's style.

Did some research because whenever I wore it, it attracted some unwanted attention and that puzzled me.

From the internet came across this article titled, "Jewelry by Pablo Picasso:the secret stash of Dora Maar" by Cathleen McCarthy, dated August 9 2011. Never knew of this until now.

Read with interest that Picasso reused old jewellery frames, mostly steel or with gemstones around the frames. The frames are not plain.

Mine is definitely a reused frame, but not sure if it's steel as it weighs in total 13.5g with I think, some sea motifs designs around it.

The article did not mention if Picasso redid the backing of his brooches for Dora Maar but mine clearly shows that. The article only mentioned that Picasso was not good at creating metal pieces.

I am not an art expert but I cannot see any signature on the image with my naked eye.

That's why I am wondering if my brooch is real or a fake? Could someone please give me more information or point me in the right direction to gather more info for Picasso's rare jewellery pieces.
    Attached Images

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2017, 04:42 AM
    Cathleen McCarthy
    P.O. Box 27190
    Philadelphia, PA 19118-9998 [email protected]

A Picasso expert will need to examine the brooch in person. There are situations where one expert will not agree with another, and this could be one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Picasso Print [ 2 Answers ]

4859348594Hi, I have a Picasso print and I'm wondering if anyone know the name of it and the year it was done. I think Picasso singed it in the print with a date od 1910 but it looks like it is similar to his works from the 1930s. Thanks for any information you can give me, Bob B

Picasso [ 1 Answers ]

What is the most expensive picasso

Picasso Question. Please Help [ 0 Answers ]

Hi did Picasso do any of his works by Silkscreen? Curious as was at a estate sale today and saw a picasso piece and looks like a silkscreen. It had a signature and date. It was of a still life of wine bottle cheese and fruits. Seen one other on the net, but was not the one at the sale. It was...

I have a Picasso etching [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Picasso etching titled "Pour Roby" with a certificate of authenticity from The Collector's Guild, LTD on the back. Is there any way to learn more about it - its date, it's value? I do not know the date my Dad acquired this but it was while Picasso was still living.

View more questions Search