Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2017, 08:14 AM
    Trump IS gonna WIN the drug war. Smoothy is right. He's gonna go on a murder spree.
    Hello:

You know it too, doncha??

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2017, 09:03 AM
    Well, he did say he could shoot somebody in the street and get away with it!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2017, 10:26 AM
    He's only going to take on the bad hombres .
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2017, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He's only going to take on the bad hombres .
    Hello again, tom:

Jeff Sessions thinks I'M a bad hombre..

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2017, 02:38 PM
    Ex is afraid his sources are going to dry up or his prices go up... who knows.

Or maybe he just hasn't seen enough drug related crime where he lives yet to get it.
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2017, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    who knows
    Hello smoothy:

Obviously you don't.. Pot is LEGAL in Washington state.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2017, 02:30 PM
    1. Hello again, tom:

Jeff Sessions thinks I'M a bad hombre..

excon
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...rceration-boom
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2017, 03:34 PM
    Maybe the only way to win the drug war is to do a Duturte, and reduce the population of pushers, users and pimps
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2017, 03:51 PM
    1. Maybe the only way to win the drug war is to do a Duturte, and reduce the population of pushers, users and pimps
    Where has that worked ? Here in the US we have states nullifying Federal narcotic laws .It is open rebellion but is it worth the cost to make them submit ? Targeting druggies ;targeting pushers hasn't worked . Now we are supposed to take down states over this issue ? If we are going to smack down states it better be over issues like slavery.
    My question to the legalization crowd is where are the limits ? ...and I'm not just talking about pot .
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2017, 05:22 PM
    Hello again, tom:

You said it yourself.. Prohibition doesn't work.. It doesn't matter WHAT is being prohibited, it simply doesn't work. To think it kinda works, or if it doesn't, it surly oughta, isn't real world thinking..

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2017, 05:49 PM
    what doesn't work is your absolutist approach. Many drugs kill .That is why you on the left are probably in favor of a big massive Federal agency like the FDA . They also destroy marriages ,deprive children of emotionally healthy parents and other unintended social costs .

I'm sure the name Lenny Bias rings a bell . He was a talented basketball player who never reached his potential because he ODed on coke. He was celebrating being drafted by the Boston Celtics on the day he died . Phillip Seymore Hoffman's life was cut short using heroin .

Even legal drugs are severely controlled . Why ? Well ask the kin of Michael Jackson ,Elvis ,Jimi Hendrix,Bruce Lee,Whitney Houston,and Heath Ledger among others why .Many drugs are addictive and easily abused .
    Expert

Feb 9, 2017, 07:01 PM
    As many people are hooked on prozac and oxycodin as there are on heroin or coke. That's what pisses me off. Suburban soccer moms don't do jail time for their dope use but the boys in the hood do. Suburban dope dealers (doctors) don't go to jail either, or stand on street corners.

If you look at the states like Maine, with a horrendous heroin problem, they don't have enough beds to treat those addicts, so they hand out methadone which is just as bad so not a solution either, no more than a jail is.

Send a guy to jail, or just shoot 'em, there always will be somebody to take their place, be it users, or pushers.

Tax 'em and regulate 'em!! Just like beer!
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2017, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    what doesn't work is your absolutist approach. Many drugs kill .
    Hello again, tom:

Nahhh.. We already KNOW what doesn't work.. And, doing MORE of it, isn't going to work any better...

You seem to think because I support legalization, I support wide spread drug abuse. I dunno HOW many times I've said it, but I BELIEVE that legalization will REDUCE harm instead of spreading it around.. There's a jillion reasons why that's true, but let's just discuss ONE..

The ONLY truth the drug warriors uttered, is that addiction is terrible. Addicts DON'T want to be addicts.. But, once they are, there's NO place to go for help. Lemme say that again, there's NO place to go for help.

Ok.. I know I said I was only gonna present ONE argument, but there's one important add on.. You drug warriors seem to believe that there are MILLIONS of people just chomping at the bit to TRY heroin just as soon as it becomes legal.. But, I don't KNOW anybody like that, and you don't know anybody like that, so I maintain there's NOBODY like that.. So, even though we don't know anybody like that, let's assume there's a small percentage of the population that WANTS to be addicted..

However, I maintain, if TREATMENT on demand were available to addicts, I believe the addiction rate would come WAY down..

And, I got a third thing.. Look.. There seems to be this notion in drug warrior circles, that drug use MUST be accompanied with CRIME.. But, that's drug warrior BUNK.. I've done cocaine.. It did NOT propel me to rob my nearest 7/Eleven..

Finally, there just MAY be 10% of our population that wants to be addicted. But, if their drugs were CHEAP and WIDELY available, they're NOT gonna STEAL to get their drugs..

I'm out.

excon
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2017, 09:09 AM
    "Marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."

William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 10, 2017, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    And, I got a third thing.. Look.. There seems to be this notion in drug warrior circles, that drug use MUST be accompanied with CRIME.. But, that's drug warrior BUNK.. I've done cocaine.. It did NOT propel me to rob my nearest 7/Eleven..

excon
    Good morning, excon --

But doesn't the crime happen because the user needs money to support his (expensive) habit, so holds up that 7-11?

Wondering,
    WG
    Expert

Feb 10, 2017, 09:47 AM
    The crime happens when pushers defend their turf. Yeah, addicts steal, mostly from family, and friends, but seldom at gunpoint. Addicts crimes are mostly domestic abuse, traffic offenses, disorderly conduct, or public order offenses, or drug violations.

Criminals use/abuse dope, but that's part of the cycle of incarceration stemming from the black market underground economy. I left out prostitution on purpose, because that has many layers and classes, and not all have to do with drugs.

That's the low end that you read in the papers though, the ones with no lawyers, no doctors, and no jobs. Most addicts are in suburbia. Of course we aren't talking about them are we?
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2017, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But doesn't the crime happen because the user needs money to support his (expensive) habit, so holds up that 7-11?
    Hello Carol:

Maybe... But, if crime happens BECAUSE the user needs money, one would have to ask whether crime would occur IF drugs were available, cheap and legal..

I say no.

But, that's not absolute, of course.. Even though food is legal, SOME people steal it because they need to support their eating habit.. I've never heard anyone say that food causes crime... We just had a diamond heist here in Seattle.. I don't hear people saying diamonds cause crime..

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 10, 2017, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    We just had a diamond heist here in Seattle.. I don't hear people saying diamonds cause crime..

excon
    Hello again, excon --

I wonder why were the diamonds were heisted. To buy a 2018 vehicle or to buy drugs or for grocery shopping money? What was the reason for the crime? (I'm guessing we don't know yet.)

Even if certain drugs are legal, how would users/people pay for them? And wouldn't the drug sources and middlemen jack up the price for greater profits? So that means we're back to arming the 7-11 (or Grandma).

Still wondering WG
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2017, 10:28 AM
    Hello again, Carol:

I dunno. How do people pay for Jim Beam?? Alcohol USED to cause crime. But, it doesn't anymore..

excon
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2017, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And wouldn't the drug sources and middlemen jack up the price for greater profits? So that means we're back to arming the 7-11 (or Grandma).

Still wondering WG
    Legal drugs would be sold in state stores like state liquor stores so there wouldn't be any possibility of prices being jacked up for greater profits - and so we would not be back to arming the 7-11 (or Grandma).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Der Pumpkintweeteer is gonna have TWO prosperity preachers at his inauguration.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: One of them was investigated by the Senate Finance Committee in 2011 for shady fundraising practices. The other owns one of Detroit's biggest mansions I wonder how that grabs the Evangelicals.. Eric Erickson isn't too thrilled about it. excon

Is Trump gonna HIRE lackeys, or Patriots?? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: It's clear that Trump CAN'T do certain things he said he WOULD do, like worse than waterboarding, and killing the family's of terrorists. My question is, will he HIRE people who will TELL him that, or will he HIRE people who will DO his bidding?? excon

Trump's speech on war 2001 [ 2 Answers ]

Donald Trump gave a speech in 2001 supporting the Iraq War. Can it be accessed?

Who sings this 'Never gonna' blah blah blah song? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song from the 80's, that has a male singer, kind of up-tempo and the lyrics are these... or sort of, something similar... ... Never going to let you go, Never going to give you up, Never going to run around and hurt you. Never going to make you cry, Never going to say good...

Donal Trump is against the War with a passion? [ 13 Answers ]

This video shows how Donal Trump is against the war http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30rJQbDDno Is he spreading lies?

View more questions Search