Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2017, 02:17 PM
    cigarettes are legal ... now the state sees them as a revenue enhancer (like many states see legal pot as revenue enhancers ) Here in NY they tax the hell out of them because it is a revenue enhancer for a state that is out of ideas for keeping it's companies here .... but they also tax em because they think that the cost will discourage cigarette use . So what do we get ?

Inside New York City's Dangerous, Multimillion-Dollar Cigarette Black Market | The Huffington Post

I predict there will be a thriving black market for pot too when it is legal nationwide .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2017, 04:02 PM
    There has always been a thriving market for pot.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2017, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

I predict there will be a thriving black market for pot too when it is legal nationwide .

Tom, which planet do you live on? there is already a thriving black market for pot, it is part of the drug problem
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2017, 07:46 PM
    1. There has always been a thriving market for pot
    1. there is already a thriving black market for pot, it is part of the drug problem

what part of WHEN IT IS LEGAL NATIONWIDE don't you understand ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2017, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    what part of WHEN IT IS LEGAL NATIONWIDE don't you understand ?
    I understood it perfectly, that isn't going to happen soon, but it makes no never mind anyway
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2017, 06:33 AM
    Hello again:

Couple things...

Certainly, Alabama is NOT one of the states cashing in on pot. The states that are, are bastions of liberalism.. What makes you think Trump/Sessions CARES about them??? Sessions is an ideologue, and ideologues don't CARE about facts.. Do I think he has sway over Trump?? I DO!!

excon

PS> The problem we're having is that right wingers are trying to NORMALIZE Trump. He AIN'T normal, and NOTHING about this administration IS.

Look.. This CRAZY man is threatening to DE-FUND California if they don't BOW to his wishes over sanctuary cities.. Now, ORDINARY people would think this is just hyperbole.. But, I think Trump will actually TRY to do it.. And yes, I think he'll TRY to crush the marijuana trade..

Do I think he'll MURDER people on the street??? NOTHING is normal with this buffoon?? He certainly isn't putting down his Philippine buddy for doing it
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2017, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    He AIN'T normal, and NOTHING about this administration IS.

Truer words were never written.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Der Pumpkintweeteer is gonna have TWO prosperity preachers at his inauguration.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: One of them was investigated by the Senate Finance Committee in 2011 for shady fundraising practices. The other owns one of Detroit's biggest mansions I wonder how that grabs the Evangelicals.. Eric Erickson isn't too thrilled about it. excon

Is Trump gonna HIRE lackeys, or Patriots?? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: It's clear that Trump CAN'T do certain things he said he WOULD do, like worse than waterboarding, and killing the family's of terrorists. My question is, will he HIRE people who will TELL him that, or will he HIRE people who will DO his bidding?? excon

Trump's speech on war 2001 [ 2 Answers ]

Donald Trump gave a speech in 2001 supporting the Iraq War. Can it be accessed?

Who sings this 'Never gonna' blah blah blah song? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song from the 80's, that has a male singer, kind of up-tempo and the lyrics are these... or sort of, something similar... ... Never going to let you go, Never going to give you up, Never going to run around and hurt you. Never going to make you cry, Never going to say good...

Donal Trump is against the War with a passion? [ 13 Answers ]

This video shows how Donal Trump is against the war http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a30rJQbDDno Is he spreading lies?

View more questions Search