Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjsj000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2017, 12:28 AM
    Confusion on alcohol solvents used in Plants antimicrobial studies
    I am trying to find plants with antifungal properties

When I read studies of plants extracts I see they use methanol ethanol and alcohol as solvents.

But alcohol ethanol methanol are antifungal on their own

So my question is that where plants extracts only show antifungal activity or they show antifungal activity in combintion with alcohol solvents.

I need this information because I am trying to cure my oral lip candida problem and finding local plants having antifungal properties.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2017, 05:23 AM
    I can only speak to cannabis oils, which I discovered to my surprise cured my skin fungal condition, although it came back when I couldn't get cannabis (for pain).
    The oils are extracted from the plant by using heat + various alcohols, as are many other plant oil extracts.
    The alcohol burns off.
    I can't answer your question asking if 'plants extracts only show antifungal activity' because the alcohols are used to make the extracts. I would have to ingest the plant whole to find out. That's a lot of brownies, since I won't smoke it.

I ingested the oils. They were made in a lab for a medical marijuana dispensary. People have applied oils directly to the skin for various conditions. Scientific studies are still being done, but the oils look very promising for many things beside pain.
    If you can get cannabis in any of its forms, give it a try for your candida (by ingesting it). I took very low doses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants? [ 3 Answers ]

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants?

Air solvents [ 1 Answers ]

What are the other substances that can dissolve air apart from water.

Solutes and solvents [ 3 Answers ]

If you have a (glucose - polar molecule) C6H12O6 solute added to an H2O solvent , does it still stay C6H12O6? Just trying to get a grasp on if you have solutes/solvents what you will see in solutions.

Solutes and solvents [ 2 Answers ]

Does C6H10 disolve in H2O?

View more questions Search