Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sreichen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2017, 05:51 AM
    How to Make Removable Table Legs
    So I am having a welder make a 24'x48' frame, on the bottom of the frame I would like to have 3'x3' metal plate about .25cm to 1cm thick on each corner to act as areas for legs. If I had him leave it as a plane 3'x3' square how could I go about making attachable/removable legs. If I drill a hole in the metal plate I can only go the thick ness of the plate plus an additional 1/4th inch toward the frame. The width of the frame is 1 inch as well just to complete the specs of the frame. The legs can be wood/ any other material.
    | |
    | |

^^^
    The Corner of the frame and 3'x3' plate
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2017, 01:41 PM
    Maybe have the Welder provide a 3 1/2" Pocket at each of the corners, This could allow 4X4 Pressure Treated lumber to fit into. Could easily change height of Legs at any time. Could have metal legs fabricated instead. Gravity will Hold Legs in place. Even add a couple of screws to hold in place if needed. I would give the Welder a 4X4 to make a tight fit. Good Luck.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2017, 02:43 PM
    Typically, table legs that don't have an apron (to hide blocks and/or metal brackets) use T-nuts in the plate and a straight bolt in the end of the leg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian table legs [ 14 Answers ]

What is the best way to attach metal folding table legs to a 24"x60" piece of corian I am trying to make a portable table for use in meat processing

How to make piano into table [ 1 Answers ]

Can I snip the striings that are attached to the backboard of the piano? I am making a sofa table and have removed the keys but I do not know for sure if I can snip the strings as I read that they have a lot of tension and could be dangerous! I have an Adam Schaaf Chicago upright piano and I want...

Make my legs pretty [ 4 Answers ]

Im looking for something to make my legs pretty enough to shorts and dress. I don't where them because I have UGLY legs from mosquites bites and whatever else that have took away the beauty of my legs... Is there anyone out that can HELP ME?? Please I hate feeling the way I do!! Email me >Removed<...

Legs on Antique Table are too short [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lovely antique dining table that has been in my family for four generations, but the turned legs that are on small castors are too shortfor us, and it's difficult to sit at. How can I "extend" the legs so that the 6-foot+ members of our family can sit at the table comfortably?

View more questions Search