Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heart27 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2017, 06:44 PM
    Are the marches protesting the refugee ban illegal?
    There's a march against the refugee ban near me and I want to go protest. Are the marches that have been going on illegal? Is there a possibility of arrest assuming I haven't attacked anyone? While it may not be moral, I'm lying to my parents in order to go. They're big Trump supporters.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2017, 08:37 PM
    Peaceful protest is not illegal.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 06:12 AM
    Unfotunately al lot of them turn violent and destructive and THAT is not legal.

There is a right to peaceful protest... keyword being peaceful. Break the law and you should pay for it. And if you are part of a mob that does turn violent...its guilt by association, then you could be arrested and its upon you to convince the court you did nothing.

And incidentally since you live with your parents ....its their house, its their rules...you really have few rights there and you can lose ALL of your privileges now and they can throw you out on your 18th birthday if you have a job or not.

Actions have consequences...think carefully.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2017, 06:50 AM
    Maybe you should learn the US Constitution. Then you would know what rights you have. Even legal immigrants are taught parts of it in the process of becoming a citizen. Never too late to learn is it? If you have time to protest, you have time to learn it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2017, 07:41 AM
    Peaceful protest are not illegal, but given your relationship concerns with your Trump supporting parents, lying to them to attend a protest or rally, is not your answer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 7, 2017, 09:27 AM
    I will point out that during the Woman's march there were ZERO arrests at over 70 protests attended by over 5 million people.

From what I have seen violence (which does occur on occasion) is caused by agitators with an agenda. Many of them come to these things prepared with masks to hide their faces, so they came intent on disrupting. I believe these people would appear at any protests on either side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a lifetime ban for my overstay, can I lift the ban by paying? How? [ 1 Answers ]

Last 27 Januart, 2014, I was about to fly going back to Philippines, in the morning I approached the Immigration and would want to pay my penalty becoz I knew that I have a four months overstaying. What I knew is the 25/day computation, and the school who failed to process my residents visa pay the...

Protesting credit report [ 4 Answers ]

I just looked at a credit report that I printed 2010, it does not reflect a date of last activity by the original debtor nor the collection agency. How am I to attempt to disput these?

Life ban for illegal stay [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know if a life ban for illegal staying in dubai can be removed in a legal? My brother stayed in dubai for some time without any documents. He was deported back home and got black listed. Is there any fines that I can pay for and bring him back to UAE? Thanks.

View more questions Search