Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elaine59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2017, 05:50 AM
    Can my husband sell his inheritance without my knowledge
    My husband and his family,held a private meeting without me.And he sold and signed over his inhertance without me knowing.Is that legal in the state of Georgia?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2017, 08:23 AM
    His inheritance is his property. Georgia is not a community property state. So yes, he probably can deal with his property without your input.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2017, 06:25 PM
    Not too clear what exactly HIS inheritance is. Signed it over to whom? When my Mom passed away, I got 1/2 of her estate. When my wife's Mom died, she got 1/4 of her estate. I live in GA too, Inheritance is not co-ownership. Are you alleging collusion of some sorts?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 6, 2017, 07:57 PM
    Is this related to your other question? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...ce-830407.html

What is the legal status of your marriage? Are you still married or are you legally divorced?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sell inheritance property that has tax lien in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Can I sell inheritance property that has a tax lien? And do I have to pay taxes on the amount I get?

Is organizational knowledge basically equivalent to the knowledge possessed by the in [ 1 Answers ]

Is organizational knowledge basically equivalent to the knowledge possessed by the individuals in the organization?

Husband Signed My Name on Mortgage w/o My Knowledge or Consent [ 2 Answers ]

I live in VA. In Dec 2005, my realtor husband signed my name on a VA commercial property mortgage w/o having power of attorney. All of the persons present at the settlement had a vested interest in completing the transaction: my husband, his business partner & wife (also the titling agent) who...

Brother wishes to sell his shares in inheritance [ 10 Answers ]

I am a benificiary of 1/7 share of 120 acres which is currently being sold to pay off estate debts and then benificiaries. Problem: My 2nd oldest brother wishes to sell his portion for $5000 which is a substantial less amount than his share is worth. He needs the money now and is willing...

View more questions Search