Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRIANDARLING451 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2017, 10:10 AM
    Can I use rth2300 honeywell thermostat on 2 wires that were hooked up to old one
    There is just 2 wires hooked up to old thermostat . Green and orange . Hooked them to our new rth2300/rth221 and nothing .
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2017, 11:17 AM
    That would not be typical colors for a 2 wire stat although there is no code for them. What terminals were they connected to on the old unit? Look on the control board and see where they are connected. Make sure that the new stat is compatible with your unit as a replacement. Did you install the batteries? That is a fairly complex unit for a 2 wire system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W o g are c why wires thermostat = rth2300 [ 3 Answers ]

My old thermostat has the wogrcy and when I connect the new model rth300, the ac doen't run

Honeywell RTH2300 2 white 2 red wires [ 3 Answers ]

I removed old thermostat and found 2 wires connected (red and white) and 2 wires not connected red and white with electrical tape on them. I would like to install this new thermostat so I can just kick on the air and not anything else. I do not have A/C just forced hot air. Thanks John

Problem with Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I installed a new HOneywell thermostat in my house, heat only (2 wires: R & W). The thermostat is kicking the furnace/fan on for 10 second intervals, with 10 seconds in between, over the course of half an hour (usually when transitioning from cold to warm modes. i.g. leave to return). ...

Can I connect a honeywell rth2300 thermostat with only 2 wires coming out of the wall [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install a honeywell rth2300 programmable thermostat, but there are only 2 wires coming out of the wall and attaching to the old school thermostat. Will I be able to install this thermostat or do I need a different model? I am connecting only to a furnace, no ac. Thanks Po

Installing new Honeywell rth2300 thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced an old digital thermostat with a new programmable honeywell. The wires coming out of the wall are as follows: Red White Blue Green In the old thermostat they were connected as follows: Red:Rh (jumpered to RC) White:W Blue:Y

View more questions Search