Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2017, 09:57 AM
    Father of the bride speech advice, please
    Is a speech of 13 minutes too long ? By the time I go through introducing myself and thanking the guests (many of whom require a special mention as they will be coming a long way) I would have used about 3-4 minutes. Also, I plan to crack jokes about my daughter that will make people laugh. I know for sure none of these jokes will hurt my daughter's feelings because they are just that- funny, and I know she will enjoy them herself Is that acceptable ? Many thanks for any tips.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2017, 02:37 PM
    In my opinion, it is way, way to long.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 4, 2017, 03:03 PM
    Try for half of that time. Thank the guests for being there. Tie one daughter joke into a heartfelt tribute to the new couple. Practice this in front of a mirror, your wife, and even your daughter.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2017, 10:00 AM
    Yep, should be like a toast with a few extras.
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2017, 11:17 AM
    Thank you all for your responses !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father of the bride engagement party toast [ 2 Answers ]

Could you provide an example of a father of the bride engagement party toast

Is it appropriate for the bride to ask her father and mother (divorced) to both walk [ 3 Answers ]

My son is upset because his wife of 13 years told him she and her ex-husband will be walking her daughter (2nd marriage for daughter) down the aisle. Is this appropriate?

Father of the bride speech [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there,just asking for some ideas of how to put a speech together for the father of the bride as to who he thanks,acknowledges,toasts,etc,etc.any ideas would be greatly appreciatied.Thankyou for your help.Regards Terese mother of the bride.:)

Father of the bride's girlfriend [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in a few months. She is 26. Her mother passed away 5 years ago. Prior to that we had been divorced 7 years. I have been dating a woman for over 10 years. She and my daughter have a so-so relationship. Should I have my friend sit with me or does she sit with her...

Groom Doesn't want Bride's Father to Pay for Wedding [ 10 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I are starting to plan our wedding, and now that I've found a great place to hold the wedding that offers an all-inclusive wedding package, now my Fiancé says that he doesn't want for our wedding to be an event, and that he doesn't care if anyone is there but us two. And he is...

View more questions Search