Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chin-Chee Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2017, 06:29 AM
    Do I need inpatient treatment?
    Lately I've having what I tell my friends "a flare up" of depression, I've been dealing with it since I was 14 and sometimes I get in these places and they feel like they will last forever and what I am doing is not helping. I have been going to group, getting back into going to my therapist, and making sure I'm taking my medication. Recently a friend of mine was murdered, my papaw passed away unexpectedly, and I have been going to church it's helped some and reaching out to people when I'm hurting it goes away for a while and then it comes back. My group leader is aware I have been thinking about and considering suicide for the past 2 weeks, and it's been heavy heavy on my mind. The other night I had a dream about me overdosing on my medication, it legit felt like a real life. I felt the capsules in my throat and I regretted it but I didn't at the same time . I have a concert to go to this weekend, and I'm trying to stay sane until after, my boss wanted me to go to the hospital, but I declined to do so. I'm thinking about taking off work, and my group leader wants to meet with me about it. But I am wondering, should I admit myself into the psych floor at the hospital? Or do some impatient? Please any suggestions are helpful!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2017, 07:59 AM
    Hi Chin-Chee, sorry you are having difficulties again, but you seem to be going through a lot lately, and anyone would be really down about it. It's unclear if this would be another inpatient type of thing, nor does it matter really if it is, as you wondered about getting inpatient help before, did you get that inpatient help then?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mental...do-808618.html,

I hope you express your questions about further help to your doctors/therapist, and counselors and consider what they say as well as your online family, and even more so, since they know you so much better. Nothing wrong in needing extra help through hard times, or asking for it, and I admire greatly that you recognize this, and hope you honestly express that to your medical care givers.

If that's what you feel you need, some inpatient help, I feel that's what you should do. Is that what happened last time?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 05:57 AM
    Have you discussed this with your doctor... anti depressant medications need periodic changes to either dosage or even type to continue to effectively treat your condition. Perhaps you are at one of those points currently.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 3, 2017, 08:50 AM
    You have a good grasp of your situation and feelings and have a good network around you.
    So my question for you is: WHY are you asking total strangers online about such a serious decision? It would take all day just to discuss your feelings and abilities to handle suicidal thoughts, wishes, or plans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do We have a case against inpatient Detox facility [ 6 Answers ]

Long story short. My exboyfriend violated his parole for drug positives and was court mandated to go into inpatient rehab for 30 days. Turns out he was addicted to percocet, meth, weed and cocaine. So you can imagine what a rough detox this would be. Anyway, they took his phone (remember this is...

Inpatient criteria disclosure [ 2 Answers ]

Is it against the law for my hospital to give me a copy, or tell me verbally, of the criteria they use to determine the status of a hospitalized patient i.e. inpatient, outpatient, observation etc.

Medical Detoxification - 28-30 day inpatient [ 12 Answers ]

As a bright-eyed intern I spent some 3500 clinic hours in various treatment programs.That was the mid-70s. Such programs were widely available, many government funded (which ended in 1985) or paid for by Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs). I essentially left the treatment field about the same time...

I live in Indiana and I need to find a inpatient alcahol treatment [ 1 Answers ]

I am 29 and need help I am a alcoholic and I just want to give up please help me

Can probation officer remove you from treatment center whilyou are getting treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Can probation officer come remove you from mental facility after suicide attempts while being diagnises with bipolor disorder and receiving treatment for such denying him prescribed treatment by dr,and through you in jail for discresionary time because he basically soughtr out his own treatment...

View more questions Search