Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elmidgett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2017, 04:14 PM
    Negative pregnancy test but still no period
    I had to stop my birth control due to varicose vein treatment I'm about to start. I've been on because since 15 yo and I'm now 25. I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend around normal ovulation time. I'm 2 days late and experiencing nausea, extreme tiredness, changes in breast size and nipple color, very sore breast, sensitivity to smell and slight cramping. An at home pregnancy test said negative. Could I still be pregnant or is my body just getting use to being off the pill?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 31, 2017, 04:21 PM
    Most likely your body is reacting from coming off the pill. 2 days is not really considered late even for the most regular of women. Your symptoms could also be premenstrual related. If you haven't gotten your period in about 2 weeks, test again using first morning urine and follow the directions exactly as written.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2017, 06:10 PM
    Many home tests will not show correct at 2 days late, (in fact most people would not even consider 2 days as late) I will agree, wait about 2 weeks and test again if no period by then.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 1, 2017, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmidgett View Post
    I had to stop my birth control due to varicose vein treatment I'm about to start. I've been on because since 15 yo and I'm now 25. I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend around normal ovulation time. I'm 2 days late and experiencing nausea, extreme tiredness, changes in breast size and nipple color, very sore breast, sensitivity to smell and slight cramping. An at home pregnancy test said negative. Could I still be pregnant or is my body just getting use to being off the pill?
    Most the symptoms you describe can be attributed to coming off the pill, or pre menstrual symptoms. The surest sign of being pregnant is a missed period. Two days late isn't missed, it is just a little late. Two weeks after the time you should have started your period is the best time for a pregnancy test, so it will be a few days from now before you can test again. Make sure to use the first urination of the day for most accurate results.

I have seen people who take a few months to be fertile again after the pill, but I seen others who have conceived the month of stopping (my wife) and after missing two days of pills (friend). There is a possibility that you're pregnant, but there is a equally good possibility that you're body is getting used to regulating your periods again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

No period negative. Pregnancy Test [ 2 Answers ]

First of all I had a daughter by c-section in October of 08 since then I have had regular periods. My last period was Feb. 28th 2010 ending on March 5th, 2010. I have yet to have another period. 3 days ago I took a pregnancy test that showed a dark negative. I have no signs of pregnancy. I also...

No period, negative pregnancy test, no signs of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

While I know that the month is not quite finished yet, I believe that my period is about two weeks late. I am not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy (I know because I have a son) however earlier in the month I experienced breast tenderness for about a week and had a slightly brown discharge...

No period, but negative pregnancy test [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I thought we had finally gotten pregnant and were just waiting gto test. I felt/feel pregnant, and certain things started happenign to my body. Like a constant feelign of beign drained, more frequent peeing, sore breasts once in a while (twinge in them) and off and on I would...

View more questions Search