Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nargis123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2017, 10:37 AM
    Impact of inflation on mortgage
    Please can someone help me on this:

Bernie and Hilary have just married and currently live in a rent-free community in exchange for doing community chores and house repairs. They now plan to buy their own home and start a family. They aim to buy a two-bedroom flat in their local area. They have found out that flats such as these are currently on the market for £160,000. The general inflation rate is 2% a year but property-price inflation in their area is 6% a year. Both of these rates are expected to stay the same on average for the foreseeable future. The couple are confident they will be able to get a fixed interest-rate mortgage.

Explain the impact of inflation on their mortgage.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 31, 2017, 10:42 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to HELP we wont do all the work for you.
    Show us what you have done and where you are having problems..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2017, 01:45 PM
    What is your understanding of a mortgage. Does the APR fluctuate? What are ARM's?
    nargis123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2017, 11:01 AM
    I am not sure I am really stuck on this. I am not sure what impact the inflation will have on the mortgage
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2017, 01:15 PM
    Did you look up ARMs at least?
    What do you know about mortgages? If you tell us nothing, we will not help unless you try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inflation [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I rent an apartment in a country known for its high inflation rates (one of the BRICs), but I live in Switzerland. Does this mean when I exchange Reais to Swiss Francs (in a +- constant exchange rate) I will avoid the effects of inflation? (as I consume in Switzerland, not Brazil)

The impact of inflation on job creation [ 1 Answers ]

The impact of inflation on job creation, economic growth, poverty alleviation

What is the impact of inflation on unemployment? [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone explain to me in general terms what happends? The information I find on the internet seems a bit to technical for me to understand. Thanks for the help guys.

8 Finance Questions - interest rates, inflation, mortgage, bonds and stocks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a finance midterm tomorrow, and there are 8 questions for which I do not know the answers. PLEASE HELP :( 1- April is saving $250 in nominal dollars at the end of each year for the next 12 years. The expected annual nominal interest rate is 3% for the first 4 years, 3.6% for the next 6...

Impact on inaccuracy of measuring inflation [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the lead where should I look for impact on inaccuracy of measuring inflation. Thanks

View more questions Search