Ask
    ronnie h Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2017, 08:11 AM
    Condensate box
    Does the motor on condonsate box supposed to run all the time
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2017, 10:55 AM
    If it is pumping water all the time, yes. If not pumping, no, the float is stuck or the microswitch is bad.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 31, 2017, 05:02 PM
    Mine stopped working and someone said 'kick it to maybe free the float,' but that didn't start it, so I had a eureka moment and ran a very long tube across my cellar to a big plastic bin next to a sink. I go down there every 2 weeks with a bucket and empty most of it into the sink.

Cost me nothing, and saves on my electric usage. (Just be careful; it's acidic.)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 1, 2017, 11:20 AM
    Condensate pumps go bad fairly frequently since they are built cheap. You could drop the end of the tube in a bucket or just buy a new pump.
    https://www.zoro.com/little-giant-pu...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White wire is hot in the switch box. How do I supplu other switches in the same box [ 9 Answers ]

It seems the power and neutral are in the light box. I have 3 other devices I need power for in the switch box. Can I use the ground as the nuetral so I can get a the current to travel. I will not have a ground from this point on since I will use it for the nuetral. Is this okay to do. It...

What is the cost of updating a fuse box (4 fuses) to a 200 amp box [ 1 Answers ]

Just need a rough estimate of costs.

Goodman furnace condensate drain collection box frozen? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I bypass the drain box and let condensate drain to tube? BOx freezes in attic.

Combo box/list box/drop down box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for you in regards to a list box in a query. I have a form that I am using and want to give the users some options on what years they want to pull data from. So I was thinking about creating a list box or drop down box that would display the available years, when they highlighted...

View more questions Search