Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvictory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2017, 09:09 AM
    Resume Question
    I quit work in October 2015 to finish building my house when my builder ran out on us. How do I show on resume, or do I?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2017, 09:28 AM
    Use a functional or skills-based format instead of a chronological one, thus showing off what you can do rather than where you have worked and when. At the interview, you can explain the gap, if it comes up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2017, 05:38 PM
    Yes, just from a time related resume, there is no good way. It shows you are not loyal, will put personal interest ahead of work. Not qualities most HR's look for.
    Unless you were the fry cook at Hardee's or something. Assuming you were working some level of higher quality job, you want to avoid talking about it, if possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Out of State Job - Resume Question [ 12 Answers ]

I work in the education field and am looking at moving to Oregon in less than a year. I found a small school in the city I am moving to, and am interested in sending my resume and cover letter to them in hopes of gaining their interest and see if there is an open position or a need for a teacher. ...

I need a best warehouse&logistics resume can anybody make a resume for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2.8 years working experience as warehouse assistant (from 2005 to 2008) in ZYX company,Malaysia and from oct 2009 to till date I am working as warehouse supervisor in XYZ company,saudi arabia based on these details please make a resume for me

Disregard old question. How to shorten my resume? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey! I'm a college junior, and I'm looking to shorten my resume' for the upcoming career fair. I have a link to the PDF file below. I edited out my last name and contact information. Can anyone give me help on fitting the info on one page but still being a good resume'? That being said, do you...

Resume [ 3 Answers ]

How to make an effective resume?

Question about resume. [ 1 Answers ]

I handed in my resume to an employer about 2 weeks ago and I didn't put what position I was applying for and he phoned me up saying that he wanted me to come in for an interview. But he didn't ask me what position I am applying for . Do you think he is going to ask me at the interview and try and...

View more questions Search