Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsingh84209 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2017, 07:15 PM
    Business Questions
    Two countries produce two different items, root beer and cheese.
    The table below shows the amounts of each commodity that each country can produce with 100 units of factor inputs.
    Consumption in each country is equal to production – that is, if trade is warranted, citizens need to receive at least as much root beer and cheese as they started with before trade.
    Given the following production levels, calculate the best possible trading scenario that maximizes global welfare.
    Remember each country has 100 productive units which they can use in any combination.
    Before trade, each country has allocated 50% of their productive units to each product.
    That is, before trade, Hokieland makes 25 gallons of root beer and 10 wheels of cheese.
    What should each country do if they trade? [be careful, you need to make at least as much after trade as you had before trade.]
    Explain your solution. Use this example to clearly explain the difference between Absolute and Comparative advantage.
    Root Beer
    Hokieland - 2 units per gallon
    Eagleland - 4 units per gallon
    Cheese
    Hokieland - 5 units per wheel
    Eagleland - 8 units per wheel
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2017, 07:42 PM
    What do you think? Read about posting homework!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2017, 09:11 PM
    You forgot to cut and past YOUR answers and reasons like the site rules require.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quantitative Business Questions. [ 1 Answers ]

The demand function for a particular product your company sells is q=p^2+33p+9 where(18<p<28). The associated cost function is C(q)=9q+100. 1. What is the cost function as a function of price? 2. What is the revenue function as a function of price? 3. What is the profit function as a...

Business Tax Questions [ 4 Answers ]

I run a used car business in Pennsylvania that I officially opened in November, 2012. We had huge losses for that year because everything was an expense from licensing all the way up to inventory. This past year, 2013, was more losses as the business is new and very little money was actually...

Ask business math questions [ 0 Answers ]

The treasury department actioned $21 billion in 3-month bills in denominations of 10000 dollars at a discount rate of 4.965%. What would be the effective rate of interest? Round answer to the nearest hundredth percent

Questions I could use to attract business [ 3 Answers ]

What are some steps and/or questions I could use to attract new clients to a cleaning business?

View more questions Search