Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2017, 10:12 PM
    Trump Reveals His Source For Those 3 to 5 MILLION Illegal Votes Cast
    Trump’s bizarre claim of 3-5 million votes cast by illegal aliens has been sourced as the ravings of a right-wing nutcase. Trump tweets that Gregg Phillips has proof. Of course, Phillips has no such proof but Trump is never bothered by facts. Phillips says he needs “another few months” for the proof. Yeah, right.

His background includes being accused of ethics violations while a state employee, failure to pay child support, and back taxes owed to the IRS to the tune of $100,000. Not surprisingly, Phillips is a member of True the Vote Tea Party organization.

None of this bothers Trump who is not influenced or impressed by reality. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder, folks.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 02:57 AM
    No surprise that the loonies right wing fringe has finally been brought to the public sphere by the lying birther King President. Expect anything to happen next.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2017, 04:15 AM
    What I expect to happen next is the left to get some perspective, but then, I expect to wait a long time
    Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 05:47 AM
    Little minds are easily distracted Clete, so I expect nothing from you!
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 28, 2017, 07:30 AM
    The Left can't stand the truth, Doubting Thomas's
    Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 07:34 AM
    Are you a right wing loonie Cantonville? Just asking.

Jan 28, 2017, 07:57 AM
    I don't have to ask what you are, you are too easy.
    Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 08:11 AM
    What am I? Why are you afraid to answer a simple question?

Jan 28, 2017, 08:27 AM
    You are the Expert you know. Why are you afraid to show the fact you are online? I am not.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2017, 08:50 AM
    Now don't tell me that the Washington Compost has become part of the alt-truth media.

How many non-citizens participate in U.S. elections? More than 14 percent of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2 percent of non-citizens voted in 2010.Because non-citizens tended to favor Democrats (Obama won more than 80 percent of the votes of non-citizens in the 2008 CCES sample), we find that this participation was large enough to plausibly account for Democratic victories in a few close elections. Non-citizen votes could have given Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote needed to overcome filibusters in order to pass health-care reform and other Obama Administration priorities in the 111th Congress. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) won election in 2008 with a victory margin of 312 votes. Votes cast by just 0.65 percent of Minnesota non-citizens could account for this margin. It is also possible that non-citizen votes were responsible for Obama’s 2008 victory in North Carolina. Obama won the state by 14,177 votes, so a turnout by 5.1 percent of North Carolina’s adult non-citizens would have provided this victory margin.

We also find that one of the favorite policies advocated by conservatives to prevent voter fraud appears strikingly ineffective. Nearly three quarters of the non-citizens who indicated they were asked to provide photo identification at the polls claimed to have subsequently voted.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.be77b700da42

Jan 28, 2017, 08:59 AM
    Tom, you are not under the illusion that the lefties on here will believe that the Washington Compost wrote such an article, are you?

Driver's license will open many doors.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 09:42 AM
    No, Tom, it hasn't. The lead paragraph to that article, written by two political science associate professors, says:

Note: The post occasioned three rebuttals (here, here, and here) as well as a response from the authors. Subsequently, another peer-reviewed article argued that the findings reported in this post (and affiliated article) were biased and that the authors’ data do not provide evidence of non-citizen voting in U.S. elections.
    Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 09:57 AM
    Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote,
    Wake me when they have FACTUAL numbers. Or humans evolve beyond flat earth speculation.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2017, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Tom, you are not under the illusion that the lefties on here will believe that the Washington Compost wrote such an article, are you?

Driver's license will open many doors.
    Tomder and catonsville - It's hard to figure out which one of you two birds is the more disingenuous.

While you both imply the Washington Post approved of the article, the truth is exactly the opposite. Lie much?

Science Direct, a divison of an impeccable organization that peer reviews scholarly articles and has been doing so over 100 years, contradicted just about everything in that poorly written excerpt you posted, Tom.

In fact, here are the highlights from Direct Science's rebuttal:

This <Direct Science> paper investigates the perils of making inferences about low-probability events from large-N survey data.

The authors show that a recent study purporting to demonstrate that non-citizens in the United States vote is almost certainly flawed.

The <Direct Science> article concludes that the rate of non-citizen voting in the United States is likely 0. (My emphasis)

And this from the abstract:

The rate at which non-citizens voted in recent elections . . . we show, are completely accounted for by very low frequency measurement error; further, the likely percent of non-citizen voters in recent US elections is 0.

Be careful of what you link to, Tom. Sometimes it can turn around and bite you in the a**.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2017, 10:12 AM
    Hello catonsville:

I've taken the time and trouble to write a refrain for you.. You should copy it, and whenever the need arises, you can post it.. I gave smoothy one too..
    ------------

Dem ebil Librhals is Stoopid and ebil, amirit?

------------

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2017, 10:13 AM

1. Note: The post occasioned three rebuttals (here, here, and here) as well as a response from the authors. Subsequently, another peer-reviewed article argued that the findings reported in this post (and affiliated article) were biased and that the authors’ data do not provide evidence of non-citizen voting in U.S. elections
    now that's what I have come to expect from the Compost. They got their marching orders after they published . So they did their public mea culpa .

I've also heard that this Pew Research poll is not valid because it doesn't support the left orthodoxy.
    http://www.pewtrusts.org/~/media/leg...trationpdf.pdf

You see the voter rolls are so well maintained that it would be impossible for large scale voter fraud . But we know better don't we ? I live in the shadow of Tammany Hall ,and you're very familiar with the way the Daley machine can get the dead to arise on election day. Tal is from Texas where LBJ won his congressional seat after they "found " ballot box 13 several days after the election. It held 203 votes, all but one for LBJ, all in alphabetical order. You may think that is old history ,but Al Franken won his Senate seat in a similar fashion.

Jan 28, 2017, 10:31 AM
    Con
    umrit Those evil doers are all over the place. Ahh Soo, you are all knowing of right and wrong.

Opps forgot to say thanks. By the way how is stuffing going?
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2017, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Little minds are easily distracted Clete, so I expect nothing from you!
    Be careful what you wish for Tal
    Expert

Jan 28, 2017, 04:01 PM
    That was not a wish just merely an observation but I do wish you peace.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2017, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    That was not a wish just merely an observation but I do wish you peace.
    Thank you, Tal, I do live in peace, may the dove of peace descend on your household also. This world appears to be descending into chaos once again and even my happy nation is not free of jihadists and jingoists. Your mister Dump is busy justifying his rhetoric and there will be much fallout but there is something to be said for being far from the maddening crowd

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

. A new bank has vault cash of $1 million and $5 million in deposits held at its Fede [ 0 Answers ]

. A new bank has vault cash of $1 million and $5 million in deposits held at its Federal Reserve District Bank. a. If the required reserves ratio is 8 percent, what dollar amount of deposits can the bank have? b. If the bank holds $65 million in deposits and currently holds bank reserves...

Additional Details Deposits = 9 million Other liabilities = 4 million Owners' Capital [ 0 Answers ]

ATM Banc has the following liabilities and equity catergories: Additional Details Deposits = 9 million Other liabilities = 4 million Owners' Capital = ? Total liabilities and capital = ? a. What would be the bank's total liabilities and capital if owners' capital were half the size of other...

A bank has $10 million in vault cash and $110 million in deposits. [ 0 Answers ]

A bank has $10 million in vault cash and $110 million in deposits. If total bank reserves were $15 million with $2 million considered to be excess reserves, what required reserves ratio is implied?

A company reports sales revenue of $200 million the current year and $180 million [ 0 Answers ]

13. A company reports sales revenue of $200 million the current year and $180 million last year. Their total assets in the current year are $150 million and last year's total assets were $130 million. What is the current year's asset turnover ratio? A. 1.48 B. 1.33 C. 1.36 D. 1.43

Calculate the ROE for Firm with total assets $16 million, AR $2.2 million, NI 2.5 mil [ 0 Answers ]

Total assets are $16 million, AR $2.2 million, ACP is 25 days, net income is 2.5 million and Debt to equity ratio is 1.2 times. Calculate the ROE for the firm.

View more questions Search