Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxdeisgn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2017, 07:30 PM
    Can I use a Honeywell thermostat RTHL3550 with 8 wires?
    I didn't tag wires from old thermostat. Now have 8 wires exposed. Don't know where they went on old thermostat. Bought a new thermostat- Honeywll RTHL3550. Non Programmable. Wondering if it works with 8 wires or have top return it?

Also how risky is it to try and wire it myself?

Blown transformer?

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Trane thermostat with Honeywell RTHL3550? [ 1 Answers ]

The wiring is completely different so we called Habib from India and got the wiring straight but it won't kick on when it needs to and the aux tries to kick in and it won't work either, what do we do to get it working... I'm cold & need help asap

Honeywell thermostat with RGBW wires [ 0 Answers ]

I have red green white blue wires. My Old thermostat that I replaced I managed to get the unit to work with blue on y2. Red on rh. White on w and green on g. Problem I had was unit would kick off and right back on. Not sure if this was thermo when temp dropped/increased by degree or not. ...

How to wire a Honeywell RTHL3550 from a Janitrol HPT 18-60 [ 2 Answers ]

I need the correct wiring from a Janitrol HPT 18-60 to a Honeywell RTHL3550. I have a heat pump with an emergency heat strip. The Janitrol wiring is as follows: Y=YELLOW G=GREEN R=RED O=ORANGE W2=WHITE E=SILVER (GRAY) C=BLUE

How do you install a honeywell rthl3550 to a dsl 450lx lennox thermostat? [ 0 Answers ]

We r trying to install a honeywell thermostat in place of the lennox one because it will not kickoff the furnace with the old one. Thought it looked pretty simple but do not know where the 24v(c)

Matching wires on new honeywell thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat was janitrol HPT 18-60 and wires were: Y (yellow) G (orange) R (Red) O (orange) W2 (white) E (Black) C (Blue) I just bought a Honeywell #RTH6300B. Their wires are: G,W,Y, R,RC. How can I match them up? Do I need the "O" on the old one? We are only getting hot air now by...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.