Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pbturn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2017, 07:26 AM
    Extremely low Workforce participation rate
    Will workforce participation rate increase as GDP increases from 2% to 3%? Currently the participation rate is low and employment rate is low. The hourly wage rate will need to increase thereby pulling from the current non participating workforce. This seems likely because all of the "talk" about so many retirees having limited retirement savings. Everybody I've seen on the businesses shows seem to believe that the participation rate will continue to decline without accounting for the impact that increasing the GDP rate will have on unemployment rate and the need for more employees.. including retirees who don't have sufficient money to retire who will go back (p/t) if wages go up
    Sufficiently.
    Any economist have a thought?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2017, 01:34 PM
    Sounds VERY much like homework...

And I see a lot of hypothetical situations in there that really have no connections to each other. and a few that have inverse proportional relationships to others which are meant to test your knowledge on their relationships to each other..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 27, 2017, 01:39 PM
    We are all economists, LOL... such a wonderful career. You don't even have to be right.

I will say is that I think there are other factors than just the baby boomers, despite their age group 'bulge.' There are ALWAYS other factors, for every aspect of our economy.

I do wonder what you mean by "The hourly wage rate will need to increase thereby pulling from the current non participating workforce." Please explain that cause-effect word THEREBY? And what do you mean by 'need to increase' the wage rate? Why the NEED exactly?

I'm the first year, 1946, and I am now 70... wouldn't we be allowing ourselves to be 'pulled back' by now? Of all my peers, only 2 or 3 have kept working, but it's because they enjoy their work.

I don't know the stats on retirement savings among my group. I have friends who range from having nothing but SS, to very rich. But I don't buy the theory that they are or will be going back to work. None have who I know. Even if I weren't 70, I wouldn't buy it.

I listen to CNBC all day. For every theory, there is an opposite one, and 5 others too. I enjoy seeing how the predictions pan out.

I do think the LPR will gradually inch up in a reasonable recovery for now, and then increase more rapidly after we boomers are dead. Depending on all those other factors, of course!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extremely low blood pressure? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 22 year old girl. No major medical problems(that I know of), not on any medications, not a smoker or drinker. Don't eat lots of fatty, fried or bad foods. My blood pressure usually when I'm just sitting at home is about 120/70. I know that's not extremely low yet. My question is,...

1995 Civic extremely low idle [ 0 Answers ]

Hey there everyone! I've got a 1995 Honda Civic LX with just a little over 215,000 miles on it. I was told recently that there was low compression in one of the cylinders, but that the car could be driven around till it eventually died. I noticed recently that my car is lurching forward and...

Extremely low cold water to washing machine. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am fairly new to the well/septic tank lifestyle. And I have 3 separate questions #1 My wife and I purchased a 7 year old home and we found out that our cold water feed to the washing machine has pitiful water pressure. I mean literally takes 20 minutes to fill it up. The hot is...

DL transfer rate too low [ 12 Answers ]

My internet for downloading the transfer rate when from some hight number (forget what that was lol) but now, when I download something the net the transfer rate is like 6-9kb whch really sux the big one because DL's take for ever. What can I do to get the transfer rate up, I am on adsl. Don't...

View more questions Search