Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Noflo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2017, 06:25 PM
    3 phase kva
    Given a 208 VAC, 3 phase circuit, with amperage on a, b, and c phases, how do you calculate total KVA? Do you use the average of the 3 amperage readings or do you base the calculation on the leg with the highest amperage? Or...
    Thank you for your attention to this question
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2017, 08:59 AM
    Ideally this should have been posted under the Electrical section in Home and Garden, lot more people would view it there. I googled your question and found 300,000 hits. You might try there first. While I do electrical work, I do not do 3 phase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the amps for a 3 phase 10 kva 480 volts to 208y [ 1 Answers ]

What will the amps be on the 208 side be ?

What is the primary amprage of a 15 kva 480 volt 3 phase transformer? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the primary amprage of a 3 phase 15 KVA 480 volt transformer

Single phase phase separation for rotary phase converter [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 240V Roto-Phase converter (ARCO Electric model M) in my shop installed by an electrician. A wire came loose last week and while debugging that I started thinking about the way it was wired and confused myself. My understanding of 3 phase power is that each leg is 120 degrees out of phase...

Converting 220 Single Phase Euro outlets to 110 volt two Phase Us ones? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to convert a euro single phase 220 volt outlet to a 110 outlet

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

View more questions Search