Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 07:52 AM
    Welcome President Pence
    Hello:

Why wait for impeachment??

Amendment 25, Section 4:

"Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President."

I'm GOOD with that. You?

excon
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2017, 08:26 AM
    One problem with that - it wasn't Pence's intention when he accepted the position and it's not his intention now.

It's in all of our best interest that President Trump succeeds in executing his job. For the first time in my life I didn't vote for the conservative party for President. It was a difficult decision but it just didn't sit well with me. I didn't vote for Clinton either and would never support a liberal agenda. However I am willing to support Trump because he won. It is going to be a very interesting four years.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    It's in all of our best interest that President Trump succeeds in executing his job.
    Hello Oliver:

It is. But, he's UNHINGED. He BELIEVES stuff that NEVER happened.. He LIES one day, and then LIES about what he LIED about.. He poses a threat to ALL of us.

I'm NOT a supporter of Pence's politics.. But, I don't think he's NUTS..

excon
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2017, 09:44 AM
    "It is. But, he's UNHINGED. He BELIEVES stuff that NEVER happened.. He LIES one day, and then LIES about what he LIED about..."

I know you know this but there's nothing new here. This is the way he is. And for some reason people are accepting of it. I mean think about it, he ran an incredible campaign through Twitter and didn't spend a lot of money. And people supported him.

I don't think it's such a bad thing to have a business man like Trump in the White House. We always get career politicians and things don't generally work out as well as we hoped.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 26, 2017, 09:45 AM
    Hey Con:

Before you continue to spout off, "By Putting The Cart Before The Horse", why not wait until you see "Where The Horse Is Pulling The Cart". That might be a smarter approach.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 10:14 AM
    Hey, catonsville:

Stuff it!

excon
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jan 26, 2017, 12:14 PM
    Con

I was thinking the same for you, of course, you have already had it done. You are more than likely good at stuffing
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2017, 01:11 PM
    I, for one, was willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. But 4 days into his presidency, he has left me with no doubt that he doesn't not have the mental capacity to handle this job. He is a class one narcissist, a pathological liar and a paranoid delusional. He has alienated tens of millions of people both domestic and foreign in just 4 days.

I just believe he will do some serious damage to this country before he's done. I believed in our system of checks and balances, but it seems that Congress is content to give him carte blanche.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    but it seems that Congress is content to give him carte blanche.
    To quote the Mythbusters show - THERE'S your problem. The Congress gave the carte blanche to Mr. Obama with little fanfare or furor, and now Mr. Trump is using it. I do hope it goes better than Excon's predictions, however, but we shall see.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 01:46 PM
    Typical Liberals... Trump isn't going ANYWHERE... so suck it up buttercups.. we had to put up with Obamas Actual crimes for 8 long years... and well... now its your turn.

Funny how some of you thought it was great when Obama had Carte Blanche... well... if his supreme holiness the brown one deserved it... then Trump deserves no less.

Bawaaaahahahha continue your collective meltdowns...
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    if ... the brown one deserved it
    If the brown one deserved it, the orange one gets it too?
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 02:54 PM
    The Orange one hasn't done anything that has hurt this country yet...

DOW was into Historical and Unprecedented territory yesterday (using the terms the lefties used almost daily)... over 20,000. Something it never did that under the brown one or anyone else, ever.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 03:21 PM
    DOW was into Historical and Unprecedented territory yesterday (using the terms the lefties used almost daily)... over 20,000. Something it never did that under the brown one or anyone else, ever.
    Where was the DOW on Election Day, 2008?

(11/04/08 The DOW closed at 9625.28.
    The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 9625 on 11/04/08, as a relief rally swept through the stock market in anticipation that Barack Obama will win the election. from http://daytradingstockblog.blogspot....ck-market.html)

And on November 7, 2016?
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 03:48 PM
    And that has what to do with the price of rice in China? What was the Dow prior to Trump anouncing what he was going to do to correct 8 years of errors and what was it yesterday.. THAT is far more telling because that's purely based on Trumps plans and actions. Thats when it started to take off....positive reaction to Trumps plans even before inauguration.

And the left whining about the wall... that was approved by congress and funds allocated back when Bush was still in office and ignored by his holiness the brown one for 8 years...

And about the immigration issues... We already have the laws on the books... only NOW they are going to be enforced... and Federal laws supersede state or local laws... I hope every dime is cut off from terrorist and criminal hiding "sanctuary Cities" because the Feds do have the power to cut off a portion or the ENTIRE amount being funneled to that State or city when they willfully violate federal law... Lets see them break the laws on their own dime. As far as the legal residents in them? Too bad... you voted them into office. Actions have consequences.

I feel Chicago DESERVES the murder rate they have... higher than NYC AND Los Angeles combined. It is the capitol of corruption after all going way back before even my parents were born.

That is 100% on Rohm Emanuele's back. You all voted for him and you knew he was a crook long before then.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 03:56 PM
    And that has what to do with the price of rice in China? What was the Dow prior to Trump anouncing what he was going to do to correct 8 years of errors and what was it yesterday.. THAT is far more telling because that's purely based on Trumps plans and actions.
    Apparently, the DOW did a bit of climbing over eight years, not sinking like a rock as it did under the Republican president before Obama.

Time to stuff our dollar bills into the mattress.

That is 100% on Rohm Emanuele's back. You all voted for him and you knew he was a crook long before then.
    I'd MAYBE take you seriously if you spelled the guy's name correctly. P.S. I don't live in Chicago.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Apparently, the DOW did a bit of climbing over eight years, not sinking like a rock as it did under the Republican president before Obama.

Time to stuff our dollar bills into the mattress.
    Stuff them, fill them up, you will be losing in the long run as well as short term... the rest of us are going to benefit greatly from someone that has a clue of what's going on... and whose claim to fame wasn't Community organizer... woooooooo that was soooo impressive... and didn't qualify anyone for jack squat and he barely even started as a senator where he always voted present rather than for or against anything before he duped enough people into thinking he knew anything and started running for President.

Well 8 years later, end of an error... and the dawn of real hope... and Trump has proven to be making the right choices on everything so far... don't really care what the left thinks... they are invested in a culture of failure, and professional victim-hood blaming their mistakes on ANYONE else. Hell Obama spent 8 years blaming everything on Bush...

What was the average interest rate banks were paying the last 8 years on savings? well under 1% right, what about CD's?...yeah...great economy that was....and I KNOW that was hurting you like anyone at or even remotely near retirement age.

A booming economy doesn't need OR want superlow interest rates...a stagnant one NEEDS them to keep sliding down further.

I forsee them rising this year as well as returns on liquid cash reserves (savings).
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2017, 05:10 PM
    There is a lot of hand wringing going on, but dump has affected the relationship with mexico, and may affect the relationship with others, both directly and indirectly. He effectively intends to close the borders and even friendlies like myself will have to go through a visa process

Jan 26, 2017, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    To quote the Mythbusters show - THERE'S your problem. The Congress gave the carte blanche to Mr. Obama with little fanfare or furor, and now Mr. Trump is using it. I do hope it goes better than Excon's predictions, however, but we shall see.
    Seriously? Obama used EOs more than other presidents because Congress blocked his legislation wherever they could. But he used EOs judiciously where Congres couldn't block them. Trump is just trying to do whatever he can as soon as he can without even presenting bills to Congress as the Constitution says.

Jan 26, 2017, 05:50 PM
    Typical Liberals... Trump isn't going ANYWHERE... so suck it up buttercups.. we had to put up with Obamas Actual crimes for 8 long years... and well... now its your turn.

Funny how some of you thought it was great when Obama had Carte Blanche... well... if his supreme holiness the brown one deserved it... then Trump deserves no less.

Bawaaaahahahha continue your collective meltdowns...
    First, there is no evidence of Obama having committing crimes. There isn't a hint of prosecution.

Second see what I said about Obama having carte blanche.

I could cite a few things he has done to damage the country. His hiring freeze has great potential to harm Veterans, His ignoring of more that half the country has created even more deviseness than Obama did.

And don't be too sure about him going anywhere. I predict he will be impeached or suffer a breakdown before the term is up. The way he's going he going to lose Congress in 2018 and when faced with the fact he is one of the most hated presidents ever, he will collapse.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2017, 05:52 PM
    I'm hearing from my friends on the opposition that Pence is his insurance policy ;that Pence is as evil as they come. I of course would welcome the change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Pence for your thoughts [ 40 Answers ]

Faced with the chance to be vice president, Indiana Governor Mike Pence worked hard to win Donald Trump over. The 2016 veep candidate went all out to charm Trump and his court of familial advisors. Despite what was reportedly some last minute wedding jitters on Trump’s part with such a conventional...

President US [ 2 Answers ]

Who first women president United State

President 50% Vice President 50% [ 5 Answers ]

I am the president and the vice pres won't do his job. Does he have to get the same salary as me or can he be fired as a sales person

Title Trasfer to Trust, Les Pence issue [ 2 Answers ]

I am the 76 year old owner of a $6mil piece of property. A les pence has been placed on it claiming breach of contract via a lawsuit. The defendant is claiming that a verbal agreement was made to sell him the property for $3.5mil. No funds were exchanged and no documents have been signed. The...

Best president [ 20 Answers ]

Who gets your vote as the best U.S. president during the past 50 years? Why?

View more questions Search