Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2017, 06:18 AM
    OMG!! I'm a VOTER felon..
    Hello:

It's true. I'm ON the voter rolls of TWO states.. Maybe even THREE.. Could be FOUR.. I'm a VERY BAD person.

I moved. What I DIDN'T do, is take myself OFF the voter rolls of the state I left.. When you move, you take yourself off, don't you?? I should be ashamed of myself...

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 07:40 AM
    You and the Trump kids!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 26, 2017, 01:43 PM
    You fall off when you don't vote, after X number of years, depending on the locale. That includes dead people.

Of course registrars, most of whom are elected, are often vastly overpaid deadbeats. 3 women in Hartford CT (1 is for Peoples' Party) are famous for having nothing to do all year, getting enormous salaries, and then oversleeping on election day, and failing to have enough ballots, and lots of other neat stuff. So why would we expect them to cross reference death certificates and non voters?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You fall off when you don't vote, after X number of years, depending on the locale. That includes dead people.
    A good bit of the True the Vote organization's efforts go into getting local election boards to do that very thing.

https://truethevote.org/aboutus
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2017, 06:02 PM
    Are you dead ? In Chicago your vote counts
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2017, 06:08 AM
    How many votes is that tom
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2017, 02:15 PM
    the truth is that there are millions of people who passed away and are still on the SS and Medicare roles. We do a poor job in this country of updating our lists . Ex pokes fun of it ;but the truth is that if he is indeed registed in 2 states ,there is the potential of fraud . Multiply his example by how many ? Who knows . Our voter rolls are a mess .

http://www.pewtrusts.org/~/media/leg...trationpdf.pdf

The real problem in our election system is that we don’t really know to what extent President Trump’s claim is true because we have an election system that is based on the honor system.
    What we do know, despite assertions to the contrary, is that voter fraud is a problem, and both sides of the political aisle should welcome a real investigation into it -- especially since the Obama administration tried so hard for eight years to obfuscate the issue and prevent a real assessment.
    Former Justice Department attorney Christian Adams testified under oath that he attended a November 2009 meeting at which then-deputy assistant attorney general Julie Fernandes told DOJ prosecutors that the administration would not be enforcing the federal law that requires local officials to purge illegitimate names from their voter rolls.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...g-overdue.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voter ID update [ 12 Answers ]

Mississippi Voter ID Implemented With No Problems Mississippi sails through voter ID test

Voter ID/Suppression [ 1282 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing tells us they only want to insure the INTEGRITY of the vote.. Then why does THIS right winger think it's to insure a Romney victory? Pennsylvania state House Republican Mike Turzai got very candid in a speech to the state's Republican committee. He said that newly...

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

Name Influence In voter ballots? [ 7 Answers ]

Do names influence voters? Would people in the United States feel comfortable with a president called Obama? Isn't the name too close to the possible mispronounciation of "Obey me?" How much do you feel that names influence the presidential election choices here in the USA?

View more questions Search