Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Jan 25, 2017, 02:29 PM
    Why is my Nova Lady Shaver not working?
    I purchased one NOVA Lady shaver from online retailer Flipkart.com, and used it once for shaving the pubes, but I found that it did not shave, and only trimmed. However, the hair from thighs got removed immensely. However, I did not use it completely and placed it in the box and used it after two days, and devoted my fifteen minutes to remove whatever hair I could remove from pubic area. It trimmed nicely, but did not shave off completely. It has two batteries, by the way. Now, when I tried to use it for the third time, I found to my surprise that it is no more removing any hair, but sounds and looks like, it is working. How can I make it shave, or at least remove/trim my hair/pubes?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 12:02 AM
    It sounds like it may be clogged. All electric shavers need to periodically have the hair cleaned out of them otherwise they stop working. Shavers usually come with oils, and tools to clean them and keep them running well, and instructions on how to do it.

You likely didn't trim your pubes before you trimmed them, which means that the hair was likely long, and is now clogging the shaver.

If, after cleaning, it still doesn't work, then notify the manufacturer.
    Tatla Posts: 55, Reputation: 5

Jan 26, 2017, 02:00 AM
    Thats nice. However, I also faced similar problem. If it does not shave, why is it called shaver. And, I have long been used blade/razor, but the fun of using LADY SHAVER is that it works very fast and in one go, trims off all the hair. My appratus/appliance does not come with any oil or lubricant and the instructions are vague. It costs 800 times more than the price of one blade, and 100 times more than the cost of a pack of 10 blades. And, is LADY SHAVER espeically for ladies only? How to remove the clogged hair out of the SHAVER HEAD? Please reply.
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Jan 26, 2017, 11:39 AM
    I am thankful to you for your reply, Alty. I tried to clean it even as I do not know what is the proper method of cleaning it and removing the hair clogged inside. How can I de-clog it? It did not come with any oil/lubricant or instructions to clean it. So, in the absence of this material, I feel in a fix. As it is a costly product, I really need to solve this problem. Kindly help. I shall be so thankful.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2017, 11:54 AM
    Hope you like videos, there are so many to watch, notice the list on the right side of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk9yNGIz7M

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braun shaver [ 4 Answers ]

It's a Braun shaver commercial and there's a man in a suit who says "Gentlemen start your engines". What's his name?

Male electric shaver/razor [ 0 Answers ]

Have a question, hoping someone might know or have had this issue... Looking for an electric shaver/razor for my son (he is a teenager). He will NOT use the disposable kind. I have bought several different ones but they seem to stop working or shaving well after a very short time. I know the issue...

What are your opinions of a man working at Lady Foot Locker? [ 4 Answers ]

Just asking for opinions and thoughts. What do you think?

There is a single lady, working in your organization, and she has requested for the d [ 3 Answers ]

There is a single lady, working in your organization, and she has requested for the day Care centre for her child at the workplace. As an HR manager what will be your Response? �� If you accept her request, then why and how will you manage it? �� If NO, then what other different measures you...

Electric Shaver Scarring? [ 1 Answers ]

I shaved with an electric shaver while having barely any hair and I got a lot of these small discolored flat scars on my face that are light brown. I read that unlike regular shaving, electric shaving cuts do not produce scar tissue so I want to know if putting things such as aloe vera, vitamin e,...

View more questions Search