Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2017, 06:11 PM
    Lease protection
    I just leased a 2017 Subaru Legacy for 3 years. The dealer is trying to get us to accept a package that will cover us for any minor damage (dings and dents) to the car so we won't be responsible when we turn it in in 3 years.

I'm just not sure if is worth it. The package costs $900 and they will add $25 to the monthly lease payment. This is only the second time that I've leased a car, I don't r3ecall being offered anything like this the last time. Does anyone know anything about this who can give me advice?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2017, 05:24 PM
    When you turned in the last lease car, what was the penalty for minor dings ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2017, 06:57 PM
    There was none as I recall (it was more than 10 years ago), but it was turned in a few month earlier at a different dealer where I was purchasing a used car.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2017, 08:06 PM
    What is your risk tolerance? In risk management the final point is a Quiet Nights Sleep. Your choice.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Feb 1, 2017, 09:46 AM
    First, read the terms of the lease to find out how they define the condition upon return. Based on that, get a quote from your car insurance carrier for this kind of protection as well as GAP coverage. The rule is: buy cars from a car dealer, buy insurance from an an insurance company.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2017, 02:39 PM
    I would just take a ton of pictures of the car the day you go get it (with the sales manager in some of them).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Consumer protection car lease [ 4 Answers ]

Does NV state law require a car dealership to honor a lease contract once the car has been driven off the lot?

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Is family protection a viable legal reason for breaking a lease? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get my girlfriend legally deemed unfit for my children and take full custody. Without her, I cannot afford where I am living right now so I would be moving out. Is trying to protect my children in that manner and moving out a viable legal reason to break my lease? Im not familiar...

Student Housing lease signed, no lease or security deposit. Can I cancel lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a student housing house. I require a $200 non-refundable lease deposit within 15 days of signing the lease (in this case it was due March 15). A $300 secutity deposit due June 1, and the rent less the lease deposit due August 28. I have a student that signed the lease, but never sent...

View more questions Search