Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luisjayanata Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2017, 05:29 PM
    How does a dry powder fire extinguisher KHCO3 work to extinguish a fire
    Hi there,
    I would like to ask a question, how does a dry powder fire extinguisher (KHCO3) work to extinguish a fire?
    Thank you
    P.S. I found out that the dry chemical part is made of KHO and the gas propelling the powder is CO2 thus KHCO3
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2017, 07:33 AM
    Where did you get that info. I believe it is wrong. ABC extinguishers are almost always Ammonium Phosphate powders pressurized with Nitrogen. They form a blanket and exclude O2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

88 ford taurus wagon has no fire replaced coil still no fire , why [ 4 Answers ]

Replaced the coil plugs wires cap and rotor but still have no fire . Am I missing something?

Accidentally started fire in apartment the fire alarm never went off ,am I responsible [ 3 Answers ]

I left some stuff on top of the stove and turn on the oven but the top of stove came on and burned the kitchen up. . The smoke alarm never went off to alarm me .Am I fully responsible for paying all the cost, Is the landlord responsible for the smoke alarm working,

Are liable for fire if someone visiting with you starts fire [ 1 Answers ]

My neighbours had a house fire that caught my house on fire and left us with damages. We had to pay the detucible of $500. The insurnce says that their insurance will not pay us back due to the fire was starting by a family member that was staying with them and they are not liable. The fire started...

View more questions Search