Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abozozo2020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2017, 02:31 PM
    How can they get a judgement if I was not served
    Nobody ever served me any papers. How did they get a judgment against me in Georgia ? What about me not living in Georgia anymore at that time anyway?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 22, 2017, 02:44 PM
    There are many ways to legally serve. If they had your last known address they may have mailed service to it.

So your question should be how do you fight it? But before we answer that, what was the judgment for? Is it really your debt?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 22, 2017, 02:44 PM
    They don't have to actually track you down. All they have to do is serve papers to the last known address they have for you. You would have to prove that you notified them of your move, or that they served to an address that was never yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement served? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served papers for not paying a 3 month old hospital collection debt of 350.00 Scares me just a bit. Is this going to ruin my credit forever and/or does this judgement against us stay for a certain time. Any advice or anwers? Thanks

Served for judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have been serve a judgement for a credit card I could not pay what can I do I can not afford this.

Judgement I was never served. Can they do this [ 2 Answers ]

I received a judgement from a credit card debt that was 6 years old. I never was subpoened. What do I do.

Civil judgement -never served [ 2 Answers ]

I have a civil judgement from 1999. I was never served papers pertaining to it. I was under the impression that civil judgements were only valid for 7 years. My bank received a restraining notice from attorney for the judgment creditor, I was given a copy after I realized my account was frozen. ...

View more questions Search