Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mesha90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2017, 09:39 PM
    DEPO shot ruined me.. sos?
    My family doctor thought it would be an amazing idea to put me on depo birth control, because I'm a college runner; and worrying about my period is too much of a struggle. It did the opposite of what she said would happen, and two weeks later I bleed nonstop.But not red blood, brown blood. I told her that, and she put me on estrogen. But that made it 10x worse. I bled even harder. Next step, I went to my OB/GYN in my county; she told me to get off the estrogen. She told me to keep getting the shot every 3 months till the bleeding goes away. It sure as hell didn't. So I complained about that, and got put on progesterone. That hormone made me stop bleeding brown, but got normal red color back. I was somewhat happy, but it also made me bleed worse like the estrogen. I stopped taking it. Now, a YEAR LATER, I'm bleeding 3.5 weeks and not bleeding for 1.5. You are doctors, and OB/GYNs at that. PLEASE HELP ME OUT. I'm still a college athletic and sick of bleeding all the time. I'm not the only women who has had this problem, but one of the few.

Thanks. I really hope someone can help me out.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2017, 10:21 PM
    We do not have any OB/GYNs here. You probably need to get a second opinion by another OB/GYN. Have your hormone levels checked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 0 Answers ]

I took the depo shot Decmber 2010 till May 2011 and after I got off it my periods and been screwed up I have a period one month and the next month I won't is that normal?

Depo shot [ 0 Answers ]

I am on the depo shot now and I only had two depo shots. I am wanting to get pregnant. My obgyn said I should be able to get pregnant a month after my miss shot. My next one is due oct.9 but I am not getting it... Do you think I could get pregnant?

Depo... Can I be pregnant if sex a week after first depo shot and period?. [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Gave Birth To A BabyGirl On March 15, 2012... 3 weeks later on April 5, 2012 I got my first depo shot... 1 week after depo on April 13, 2012 had sex while on my period... I know I wasn't soppost to have sex because I gave Birth, but I did... Is there a chance of me being pregnant?

Depo shot SOS [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a depo-trust injectables since I have an endometriotic cyst. Depo-trust is also a contraceptive. May boyfriend and I had coitus on the 13th day since my depo shot. Will I get pregnant? When would be the onset of effectivity of a depo shot starts? Should I take an emergency contraceptive...

View more questions Search