Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sheena21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2017, 07:50 AM
    Help for Widows Under 60
    Hello, my husband passed away on February 28th, 2016 I'am 40 years old lost my home and everything is there any assistance I can get I live in Greensboro nc can not get social security assistance until I'm 50 and need to be disabled
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 19, 2017, 07:59 AM
    There may not be any, sorry. 40 is considered young.
    What is your living situation at the moment, both a roof over your head, and financial assistance or savings, and do you have any minor children?

There is a social security spousal benefit for those who were married for more than 10 years. I don't know about the rest of the details, such as any age requirement. Everyone I know who got it was contacted by SS. You could call the SS near you, or look at SSA.gov. You could look for the city social worker in the blue pages.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2017, 02:17 PM
    Any work opportunities?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any assistance for Widows under 60? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a widow age 55 and need financial assistance, is there any assistance that I can receive now? I've applied for Social Security from my husband but was told I have to wait until 62 to collect. Is there any other assistance programs out there for widows of my age?

Grants for Widows [ 12 Answers ]

I lost my husband a couple years ago and now I have lost my home and am homeless with 2 older children still living at home Do you know of any resources that can help me? I really don't want my children to be in a shelter.

Widows pension? [ 1 Answers ]

If I remarry, can I still get Social Security from my ex husband?

Widows pension [ 1 Answers ]

I will be 60 in Nov... My husband died in Dec. 2007 after a long illness of which he was collecting SS disability... will I be able to get widows penision? How many years does it last? I have recently lost my job and have several more months of unemployment... will that affect either benefit??

Widows pension [ 2 Answers ]

I am 60 years old my husband passed away while he was collecting his social security benefits am I entitled to any of it?

View more questions Search