Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blah21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2017, 02:07 PM
    How to tell someone that I don't like them anymore?
    I had crushes on like 3 people in October, and I gained some confidence, so I told one of them that I liked him in Novemberish, I see him @ school everyday in a lot of my classes and he's also at my bus stop. He told me that he's not ready for a relationship and all that 'generic' stuff and kind of started talking to me less after that. Then, in early December, I found out that one of my other crushes, the one that I liked the most, liked me back. So, now we've been boyfriend/girlfriend for more than a month and I haven't really told the other guy that I have a boyfriend. He's starting to talk to me more again, and I'm pretty sure he thinks that I still like him. While I don't hate him, I also don't want him to say something like he's ready for a relationship now, and I would have to say no. I'm not the kind of person who likes doing that. What can I say/text to him to make him know that either I have a boyfriend now, or I don't like him like that anymore without being that direct??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 02:25 PM
    How old are you PLAYA, because knowing your age would get the best age appropriate response, but generally the best most decent approach is the most honest, and direct one for you, him, and your boyfriend.

Anything else PLAYA is nothing but a game of drama and deceit, and leading someone on for your own purposes. So why NOT just be honest and direct?

Just add a touch of decency and KINDNESS to the mix and problem solved right?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 04:47 PM
    You could always just bring your boyfriend up in a conversation. " Me and my boyfriend, Joe, just saw this great movie."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 05:00 PM
    You should be very aware that no matter how kind, or nice you are, direct, or indirect, he will likely be shocked, surprised and maybe disappointed. No one can predict what his reaction will be or how he takes it.

That's why you should be honest, kind, decent, and UNDERSTANDING.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 17, 2017, 06:13 PM
    You say NOTHING.
    If mention of your boyfriend happens to come up in conversation, fine.
    If he shows signs that he might want to ask you out, you just say that you have had a boyfriend for a month in a nice straightforward way. What in the world could possible require more than that, or telling him before it is necessary?

Yes, you sound very young. The world is full of real problems.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 06:43 PM
    I agree, it was in the past, and he was not interested at the time. You should not have to say anything. In talking, do mention your boyfriend now. That is it. No drama no production.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 08:22 PM
    He may be talking to you more because he knows you have a boyfriend. If you are in school and not keeping your relationship a secret, then the chances are he has heard through the grapevine that he isn't the focus of your affections.

Often when we look for a problem, we create it. Solve the problem when it happens, not before.

Be yourself. Be friends if you still want to be his friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't love my girlfriend anymore and I don't know how to tell her. [ 5 Answers ]

First I hope no one sees me as an a$$ here. I'm not stringing this girl on or anything like that. I just don't feel anything for her anymore and that hurts me but I also know I need to end it. I have been in a 1 year relationship with this girl and we got into it quickly and within a month or so we...

Don't know what to do anymore.. please help. [ 2 Answers ]

My family and I have been consistently abused and harassed by our neighbor. It seems that every summer we wind up in court and hire attorneys to wind up dismissing charges because the legal system really does not care that she is non stop. Every time I file charges against her which are...

I don't know what to do anymore [ 7 Answers ]

So there's this girl I was with her for a year. I know I hurt her really badly I rather not say what I did. She moved on had 2 bf's after me they both hurt her n somehow I was always there for her again. We ended up talking again. I've had 1 girlfriend after her but I'm not even over her. She's...

Don't know who I am anymore [ 8 Answers ]

I don't know really where to start. Guess I am like 2 different people - one moment I am severely down to the extend of not wanting to talk to anyone and just be left alone all the signs of normal depression but then other times I can be high as a kite on fresh air and do crazy things that in a...

Don't know who I am anymore [ 3 Answers ]

I recently went through a pretty messy breakup, firstly I'm 17 and just finished year 12 and am in the transition into workig life and university and this breakup has really messed with my head of a lot of things. One thing I've found is that I really can't let go, at first I thought it was because...

View more questions Search