Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gfriske Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2017, 12:38 PM
    Do I need an IS enclosure if the electrical components are already IS
    I have electrical items that are UL rated for class 1, div 2 a-d. I need them in an area that is class 1, div 2 group c. Can I just use any Nema 4x enclosure, or does my enclosure also have to be Class 1, div 2 group c rated?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2017, 04:35 PM
    Look in NFPA 70 NEC, "enclosures". Specifically, Article 500 describes the NEC Division classification system, while Articles 505 and 506 describe the NEC Zone classification system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower enclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small bathroom in my house and I'm looking for a 30 by 30 shower enclosure or pre fab shower I can't find a place to buy one

Drywall above shower enclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new shower enclosure. I am installing water resistant drywall above this enclosure. The enclosure is nailed to the studs and protrudes slightly from the studs and not flush. How would I rout out the back side of the drywall (about one eighth inch) so it will fit flat against the...

Comparing brands of electrical components [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Are Square D brand electrical components ( electrical service panels, service disconnects etc.) any better than Siemens brand components or is this just a personal preference thing? Thanks again Mr TK Russell for...

Enclosure Dimensions [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure how to even start this word problem. The word problem is this: The area of the square base is 12 more than its perimeter. Find the length of a side. I am not sure if I need to use the area and perimeter formulas to start this problem or if I just need to use one of the formulas. ...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

"Do they make a drain receptor with female threads on the inside that could be glued to the 2" pipe afer the base is set, and with the drain grate screwing into that?" They do but I'm not too sure you can use it on a manufactured shower base. It's called a "flange type shower drain", (see image)...

View more questions Search